We couldn't update your billing plan

It’s ridiculous to the maximum. I have a GPT 4th subscription and can’t use it with the API because I can’t top up money. It’s probably time to cancel

1 Like

There is no point in threatening or insulting. I’m sure they are working on it, let’s be patient.

1 Like

Might be a while, it’s Superbowl weekend in the U.S and also a Sunday. I know devs need a break, so we might be out of luck for a while.

2 Likes

Same issue here - with Ukraine card. </>

Same issue here - with USA card. card passes verification, then ‘we couldn’t update your billing plan’.

The same problem here in Brazil. The card passes verification and is then denied.

Same issue here in Viet Nam. I tried 2 card (Visa and Master) :frowning:

Same issue in Slovakia, with Tatra banka card

Same Issue here since yesterday. Tried several times

We couldn’t update your billing plan. If this issue persists, please contact us through our help center at https://help.openai.com.

Same here from USA. Can’t update payment info…

Hopefully this gets addressed soon, please bare with it.

2 Likes

Flagged to the team, sorry for the delay! Will have some eyes on this soon.

8 Likes

Thanks Logan. Facing the same issue here in Ireland.

What is going to prevent this delay in the future? Does noone have eyes on support on the weekends? Id imagine they have received hundreds of messages?

I am receiving the same error message. Please assist. Thank you so much.
VietNam

Same here, India. The weekend was rough huh.

As soon as I saw this was not just user error or coincidence I raised the issue and it was flagged within minuets, if anyone is to blame it’s me for not raising it sooner, for that I apologise.

1 Like

It’s been going on 24 hours, I can understand if you don’t have access to the ticket data on the backend - but this is a massive mess up for OpenAI in general.

Surely someone noticed that for the last 24+ hours no new payments have been able to be made?

It may be something that takes more action to resolve, where you won’t have the satisfaction of knowing what happened.

For example, monthly billing (to monthly account type) also happens through the same processor, Stripe, which is a middleman to actual banking, and the processing of monthly charges extends through mid-month, I suspect from anecdote with larger balances processed first. It may be some bigger limit was hit by a YC startup and their banking (both with past connection to Altman), and the likely $100M+ monthly revenue processed through them. Or simply an update to code or even networking made on the weekend to not impact M-F business if it goes wrong.

The fix has been deployed! The issue should be resolved now.

Good flag, I will work with our support team to make sure we check in on what happened here.

I will investigate to make sure we improve this and catch future issues.

5 Likes