Unable to log into ChatGPT online!

Oaistatic seems to serve NextJS assets.
To possibly solve this issue disable any ad blocker like uBlock Origin.

Still I can’t access to the site for about 1 day…

Any update guys, still does not work for a day

Here is a test for you to try to see why ChatGPT isn’t loading completely.

This is one of style sheets that is currently loaded by ChatGPT from a new OpenAI web domain for hosting assets:

https://cdn.oaistatic.com/_next/static/css/27dc37929106858f.css

If you click on it, you should retrieve a lot of web site CSS code that looks like this. ChatGPT needs its code:

@font-face{font-display:swap;font-family:Signifier;font-style:normal;font-weight:400;src:url(https://cdn.openai.com/common/fonts/signifier/signifier-light.woff2) format(“woff2”)}@font-face{font-display:swap;font-family:Signifier;font-style:italic;font-weight:400;src:url(https://cdn.openai.com/common/fonts/signifier/signifier-light-italic.woff2) format(“woff2”)}@font-face{font-display:swap;f

If the file name is later changed or you use a nonexistent file name, you should get this result from the delivery network site:

<Error>
<Code>BlobNotFound</Code>
<Message>
The specified blob does not exist. RequestId:d7263c...

Check to see what kind of result you get. If ChatGPT doesn’t work, likely that doesn’t work. Instead what do you see??:

• Is it like the site doesn’t exist? The same as going to a made-up website? You must pursue DNS solutions to get the right site IP address;
  • Is there an error message from some security page or other block? You need to pursue fixing firewall software on your PC, or firewall policies of your network provider.

Corresponding Solutions:

1. You must find out who’s keeping you from loading the domain name because it is “too new”. Or you must change your network connection to a non-blocking DNS server [(like Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1 and restart network, ipconfig /flushdns to refresh).
  2. You must find who or what is blocking ChatGPT’s pages from loading when you have the right DNS IP address lookup.

Advanced users can use a web browser’s developer tools to monitor page load errors.

(info) The new cdn.oaistatic.com domain is:

1. Behind a Cloudflare firewall (that doesn’t block unless you’re a bot)
  2. A “cdn”. From the domain name, which would typically mean this points to a content delivery network service, that can have copies of the server data distributed throughout the world.

This is the IP lookup for the domain showing its Cloudflare protection:

Type Description
Source Registry ARIN
Net Range 104.16.0.0 - 104.31.255.255
CIDR 104.16.0.0/12
Name CLOUDFLARENET

I hope this leads you down the right path to get ChatGPT loaded completely and chatting again.

(ultimately, OpenAI might not have realized that security products block newly-registered domain names)

2 Likes

I don’t know why do not solving the problem , Could you please fix the bug ?

Same here, although the mobile app works just fine, so the system isn’t “down” per se. Just can’t login via any browser session at all.

UPDATE: I switched my DNS to Google as a test and did a flushdns on my Mac and now Chat GPT loads just fine on everything - so that’s what the issue is if anyone else is having the problem. Try a different DNS.

2 Likes

The link even doesn’t work for me, as below, please advice

If you can’t reach the page (some ChatGPT web code) - neither can ChatGPT.

Here are progressive workarounds, for the technically-minded with administrator access to their computer:

• Network connection settings, adapter IP address, change DNS server to 1.1.1.1 (a DNS provided by Cloudflare);
  • manually insert a lookup mapping for cdn.oaistatic.com to 104.18.10.177 in your system’s hosts file;
  • console command: ipconfig /flushdns;
  • disengage third-party firewall security products (some come with antivirus)
  • connect by alternate Wifi hotspot or mobile tether that doesn’t use a company proxy or firewall with a restrictive policy.

If these steps are without meaning to you, then ask ChatG… oops, Google.

1 Like

Same for me from few days:
Free Research Preview. ChatGPT may produce inaccurate information about people, places, or facts. ChatGPT August 3 Version

Paid user.
In mobile it is just working fine, both are connected to same wifi.

Temporary fix: Downloaded Firefox and it is loading just fine for me.

I have the same problem.
I can’t login. I pay for my account. Any solution?

Is there any link I can use to cancel my subscription? I can’t get on at all and it’s not going to be fixable as I’m using a work VPN.

I’m guessing I’ll have to find an alternative device to do it?

You can scroll up through a mere 10 posts and try a single troubleshooting step there.

I can’t stop by your house to work on your computer today.

I happen to use nextdns. I checked the logs and oaistatic was blocked due to it apparently being an NRD - Newly Registered Domain. I put it on the allow list, and ChatGPT started working again.

ChatGpt just says "Free Research Preview. ChatGPT may produce inaccurate information about people, places, or facts. ChatGPT August 3 Version. "
I am a paid user. Location is Japan.

I fixed this by updating my NextDNS service to allow cdn (dot) oaistatic (dot) com, and flushing the DNS cache with (I’m on macOS):

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache; sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

Everything went back to normal after that.

1 Like

Same as everyone else. Tried flushing DNS, Cache etc.

Tried different browsers. The fact that there is zero reply from OpenAi means that it is pointless being a paid user

I am getting the same message and have for several days…

Free Research Preview. ChatGPT may produce inaccurate information about people, places, or facts. ChatGPT August 3 Version

Cleared my DNS cache and changed browsers and nothing helped.

I have the same issue, I can’t use it for some days. Please fix it!

Hi All,

This is more of YMMV type of thing; I am behind an organization firewall (Palo Alto Firewall). So if you are having this issue at your home network I would advise this recommendation will NOT resolve your issue.

Sorry for the (dot), this system will not let me post links as I have a new account.

Chat(dot)openai(dot)com is trying to connect to cdn(dot)oaistatic(dot)com. Someone at cloudflare or chatgpt decided to use a new FDQN however the Palo Alto is detecting that as a newly registered domain (registered on 2023-09-18 according to whois lookup) and if your organization chooses to they can “sinkhole” any newly registered domain as “malware/spyware”. Thus, what you need to do. You need to create a “Firewall ticket” within your organization asking "cdn(dot)oaistatic(dot) com” to be not sinkhole. If they deny your request your only option is to wait 32 days when “cdn(dot)oaistatic(dot)com” is no longer a “newly registered domain” classification. To expedite the work for your firewall team, please copy and paste the following,

Go to objects > Security Profiles > Anti-Spyware. Then click on the default profile your org is letting your users leave on. In the “DNS Exceptions” add “cdn(dot)oaistatic(dot)com”.

Other questions,

My org doesn’t have a Palo Alto Firewall could I have the same issue? Possible again YMMV, but because there is so many firewalls out there, I can’t confirm. A good indicator is you can access that website on a different computer on a different network WITH VPN turned off. You can still create a ticket asking your IT/Firewall team to confirm.