Unable to log into ChatGPT online!

If you are are using OpenDNS, I think it recently classified

cdn [dot] oaistatic [dot] com

as a phishing webpage and it blocks it. This causes the ChatGPT webpage to not load correctly. I was able to whitelist it in the dashboard and fix this problem. If you are using any type of DNS filtering, check this domain access.

-Scott

2 Likes

Hi. If you’re using the Chrome or Edge browser, just go to the browser settings and search for “DNS”. Then, set the DNS provider to “Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)”. Once you’ve done that, refresh the ChatGPT login page, and it should work as usual.

Chrome browser → Switched DNS to Cloudflare and it worked.

1 Like

The cert on cdnoaistaticcom seems to be invalid for me. Location : the netherlands

The problem is, that oAI started using a newly registered domain for production without letting it be a known and trustworthy domain. Their operations should probably know better.

1 Like

Maybe switching to Cloudflare DNS will help, but that totally is not an accepted solution. I can’t open chatGPT chat, that’s incredible and should be fixed from the company side.

Cisco Umbrella i.e. OpenDNS has flagged oaistatic_com as phishing

1 Like

Still have the issue acccessing login page. Tried opening css file, getting message “Your Connection is not private”

The problem is back again. I experienced this last week, and it was fixed. Now I am seeing this again.

The same. Occured for the first time today 26/09/2023. Based in London UK.

The same here.
Occurred for the first time today 26/09/2023.
Yesterday was working fine.

Looks like all of the requests for resources that were going to cdn.oaistatic.com are now going to chat.openai.com. Is anyone else seeing those requests going to chat.openai.com only now?

1 Like

So when I turn vpn off and turn it on then it works and I can close and reopen. When I restart and open it doesn’t work. Did my work block it or is this a bug? I can open on phone and iPad

It works for me now. Thank you for fix, if you did it!

It did work yesterday after not working for a week. Now I just cleared cache+cookies and its not working again… White page black text, cant log in…

Yes, I also can not login (located in North Europe). It shows a black page with the following text:
" Free Research Preview. ChatGPT may produce inaccurate information about people, places, or facts. [ChatGPT September 25 Version]"

From what I can see in the developer console it fails to load 20+ java scripts from
cdn.oaistatic.com- which fails due to the host not being able to be resolved.

I tried it with google dns as well which failed before as well, now I see that it seems to recover on google, so lets see how long it takes till its fixed

(domain suffixed with a - as the forum complains about links can not be shared, …)
% date; host -v cdn.oaistatic.com- 9.9.9.9
Fri Sep 29 00:49:20 CEST 2023
Trying “cdn.oaistatic.com-”
Using domain server:
Name: 9.9.9.9
Address: 9.9.9.9#53
Aliases:
Host cdn.oaistatic.com- not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Received 35 bytes from 9.9.9.9#53 in 78 ms
Received 35 bytes from 9.9.9.9#53 in 78 ms

% date; host -v -t ns oaistatic.com- 9.9.9.9
Fri Sep 29 00:49:52 CEST 2023
Trying “oaistatic.com-”
Using domain server:
Name: 9.9.9.9
Address: 9.9.9.9#53
Aliases:
Host oaistatic.com- not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Received 31 bytes from 9.9.9.9#53 in 90 ms
Received 31 bytes from 9.9.9.9#53 in 90 ms

% date; host cdn.oaistatic.com- 8.8.8.8

Fri Sep 29 00:52:57 CEST 2023
Using domain server:
Name: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53
Aliases:
cdn.oaistatic.com- has address 104.18.41.158
cdn.oaistatic.com- has address 172.64.146.98
cdn.oaistatic.com- has IPv6 address 2606:4700:4400::6812:299e
cdn.oaistatic.com- has IPv6 address 2606:4700:4400::ac40:9262

Just wacky nonsense… OpenAI had removed the troublesome domain from ChatGPT software reloads. Problem fixed.

And now its back:

{23-10-01 @ 07:48 EDT} Can anyone explain why I cannot log in to ChatGPT 3.5 (free version) using my Password Manager (PM) but I can log in using my Chrome Bookmark even though both use the same URL of ‘https:–chat.openai.com-auth-login?’ I can access the login page but I am unable to log in. The PM method worked fine for many months until the end of September. Any ideas? When will this be fixed?

Dears ,

Contact your network administrator as Some Palo Alto Firewalls recognize this domain as new and block the DNS request . everything solved with exception for the mentioned domain.

Enjoy

2 Likes

I can confirm the above from @anasbat as well. Company firewall (Palo) is blocking “cdn[.]oaistatic[.]com” for being a newly registered domain.

1 Like