Message: "ERROR UNINSTALLING (plugin name)" with unverified plugins - is this a Malware?

Help - 3 Plugins I cannot uninstall

It seems they are “unverified” Plugins - when I try to uninstall them, I get this message :

“ERROR UNINSTALLING (plugin name)”

The 3 plugins are:

CCDATA
METAPHOR
WEATHER REPORT

I tried to delete them from several devices. it doesn’t help

6 Likes

Hey, it is not malware, I will look into what is going on there. Thanks for flagging!

2 Likes

Hm, I am not able to reproduce this, can you try signing out and then back in, I was able to uninstall these. For what it’s worth, the plugin is not able to control it’s ability to be uninstalled, it is fully controlled by ChatGPT itself.

3 Likes

Thanks. I signed out and signed in again several times from all devices. They still appear on my list. They have a red sign like firewall next to them. But they are still not gone

2 Likes

I’m having this exact same issue. Can’t uninstall an unverified application called Coupert. Tried everything but can’t get it off. Totally sketches me out. Let me know if ya’ll find a fix please

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue. On all platforms and in all browsers and after logging out and back in. As soon as the plugin is listed as unverified and moved to the “unverified” section of the plugin store, it becomes impossible for us to uninstall it. We just keep getting errors. Would really be grateful for a fix to this!

3 Likes

One more quick thing on this. When the plugin is moved back to “All Plugins” from the “Unverified” section, I can uninstall it–as happened with WebPilot. I think the issue is with the plugins having been moved to the Unverified section of the plugin store after we installed them.

3 Likes

Same issue I cannot uninstall the Weather Report plug-in, I think @haolepino is on to what might be the issue

1 Like

Error uninstalling is also displayed in ChatWithPDF.

A red icon is now displayed next to the same plug-in name.

It seems that other plug-ins can be uninstalled without problems.

1 Like

Same issue here.

3 Likes

Same issue with ChatWithPDF
What does the red icon indicate? It looks like unusual

1 Like

The icon indicates that the plugin is unverified, for some reasons some plugins like ChatWithPDF got retroactively unverified. AskYourPDF was also unverified but as of today is verified once again. Not sure what is going on.

1 Like

Just to give some insight into what is happening.

A plugin can switch from verified to unverified when the developer makes a change to the plugins manifest file.

This is a small file that contains meta information such as the plugin name, description, logo, legal info link etc…

Changing any of the content in this file will switch the plugin into “unverified” and OpenAI will need to review the plugin and approve it again.

So, bottom line, there’s nothing to worry about. It’s a temporary thing and the plugin will switch back to verified as soon as it’s been reviewed.

3 Likes

thx for your explanation.
what’s wrong with the uninstalling failure?

1 Like

Not clear - I’m assuming some glitch that will be fixed at some point by OpenAI. It’s all still in beta and there’s probably still some bugs to be ironed out.

1 Like

Error uninstalling… is still there for me too and as you said with unverified plugins only.

1 Like

Same issue here; I can not use or uninstall these plusigs!

I have the same issue with Prompt Perfect. It has the same “Unverified” symbol.

Another strange thing is that I can’t seem to find the plugin in the store.

3 Likes

same issue with Prompt Perfect & Upskillr

6 Likes

Here’s my concern: There is now a new, verified version of Upskillr, but my installed plugins still show an unverified version of Upskillr. So right now it looks like I’m stuck with the unverified version and will never be able to uninstall it? That can’t be what was intended.