Weird signup Problem asking for a non-premium phone number

I’m having today - the same problem with a register try from Colombia - it would be interesting that OpenAI - give us an explanation and a solution - because checking OpenAI information - Colombia is a supported country for the use of ChatGPT.
I’m going to try with a number of other service provider, following the clue of other post also from Colombia

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and I never registered my phone…

1 Like

i have the same probleme in canada , can not register my account …my cell phone is detect as a LANDLINE … ???

1 Like

to login you have to put your country code again! it happened to me last night so what I did today was do +500 +500 and then my number and it worked so your country code twice

7 Likes

This worked for me.

Totally weird, I tried using my SO’s phone number and did not have this error message at all.

1 Like

I had same problem in Indonesia. What should i do??

Same problem until i added 00 in front of tlfnr-like this +47 00xxxxxxxx

2 Likes

Same problem in Taiwan:(
i don’t know what to do:(((

1 Like

I confirm that including the country prefix in the number worked. I had to log in from my phone since, after the number of unsuccessful sign-up attempts, I was flagged for potential abuse. Then login in from PC worked fine.

1 Like

I CONFIRM that including 00 before the number, now the error changes and don’t talk about PREMIUM NUMBERS… After that, you will receive a msg that tells about you were banned for so many failed log in. So, try to login form a different public ip, for example, from your mobile phone with mobile data. You will be able to log in from your mobile phone without issues. After that, you will be able to log in again from your pc. Hope it helps…

6 Likes

Great advice! That works, thank you!

I tried that, you cannot add + in the field.
I added 00352 instead, and i got a message that my account is flagged for potential abuse.
I added 00 without the country prefix and then it worked

1 Like

I confirm this works, what should i write more to have 25 characters?

1 Like

Thanks , i confirm too. , it works adding 00

I added 00 and got this

Your account was flagged for potential abuse. If you feel this is an error, please contact us at help.openai.com

2 Likes

How you can fix my account is flagged for potential abuse, please help me sir?

Can you help me how you can fix?
Please help

THIS IS THE FINAL SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM: I originally created an account in my computer browser and it gave me the same problem “It looks like this is a premium phone number. Please provide a valid, non-premium phone number to continue”.

SOLUTION:

I went to my phone and desactivate the Wifi, and then I activated my data. I then proceeded to create another account with another email address and I put my mother’s phone number, and it worked. I got the code on her phone and I was able to verified successfully. Try this and you’ll make it, it is importante that you use data in your phone, instead of Wifi. Thank you for reading and good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Same problem in the Caribbean. Been trying to register with my number since this morning. Hope it will be sorted soon.

1 Like

I have a same problem. Today is 14/04/2023.
It is very bad.
If this is a AI, how will be a NonAI?
We need solution for this situation.
Thank you.

1 Like