Weird signup Problem asking for a non-premium phone number

Same issue, here in Armenia. This is artificial dumbness, I suppose.

1 Like

Same issue with Lithuanian cell phone number. Iā€™m a new user.

1 Like

Hi Same issue in Estonia. Im trying to sign in after my e-mail confimration came but not possible. Please can someone fix the issue

2 Likes

I Have the same issue here in Switzerland.

1 Like

Same here in Luxembourg although I first deleted the account of the initial linked account now unable to create one again.

1 Like

Same problem in Bolivia. What I can do?

1 Like

same issue here, canā€™t get why Belgian number, I just donā€™t get it

1 Like

Any new/update from OpenAI ? isthis problem only with corporate accounts? I used another account (@icloud), and it worked (sms received)ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m using a private number that has never been connected to work or a company. So itā€™s not only corporate accountsā€¦

1 Like

+1 - Malta
ā€œJust using 25 charactersā€

1 Like

Same here in Norway. Straight mobile number not Ā«intelligebleĀ» How come?

1 Like

same issue in UAE personal number, I donā€™t know what to do
however company number its allow to proceed with registration

1 Like

Hi all. I got in! I am a first time user.

My phone number didnā€™t work again this morning. I ended up trying a couple other phone numbers. One was an old landline - then it replied saying that you cannot use a landline. Then I used another cellphone number (my momā€™s ā€“ haha) and it worked. The 6 digit code was just sent to her phone instead then I was able to get in.

I went to settings to see if I could change the phone number but there is only a delete or download option available.

I hope this is helpful to everyone.

2 Likes

How do we get in touch with someone who can actually fix it?
Does anyone from ChatGPT monitor these threads?

3 Likes

Same problem in Spain, waiting for it to be resolved

1 Like

Same problem in Colombia with my personal phone. BUTā€¦ I use my corporate phone number and it works. Soā€¦ it may be the phone Service Provider???

1 Like

Hello
I have the same problem ā€¦
Premium number ???
I canā€™t subscribe
Moroccan number
Thank you for addressing this issue

1 Like

Same for me when trying to create a new account from Austria with phone prefix +43.

Even my old phone number used for my old (= current!) account is rejected as a ā€œpremium phone numberā€.

1 Like

Same for me when trying to create a new account from Costa Rica with phone prefix +506.

I used it two weeks ago and it was working perfectly fine, until three days ago I wasnā€™t able to log in with my Turkish number.
It seems that they are updating something in the AI.

1 Like