Unable to upgrade and provide billing information

I’m sorry to ask about user-related issues, but my account seems to be hosed and I’d like to understand if any others have experienced and been able to get around this.

When I try to add a credit card to my account, I get a message saying:

Oops! We couldn't set up this subscription, please report this issue if it persists.

I have used 0 credits and have 0 credits, so until this is resolved, the account is unusable.

I’ve tried contacting support but no response and I’ve looked through the help forums but haven’t found an answer. I would normally try to create another account, but account creation only allows 1 account per mobile phone number, and mine is already associated with the hosed account. I don’t want to delete the account for fear of that not releasing my phone number.

Does anyone have suggestions of who to contact or how to resolve this?

6 Likes

I’m facing this exact issue as well. I procrastinated using my free trial until today, 2 days after it’s end :man_facepalming:. I’m happy to pay to putz with the API but getting this error (see screenshot)

1 Like

Same problem for me, i receive this error “Openai.com Oops! We couldn’t set up this subscription, please report this issue if it persists.” when i try to setup a payment method.

1 Like

My account is working now! I was able to add a payment method and in fact I think it added one for every time I had tried so far.

Same issue here. Haven’t been able to upgrade for months.

Also can’t add payment methods or proceed with anything.

I’ve been completely blocked from using anything

I also cannot subscribe.

Same issue here, waiting for answer from support.

I have likewise had the same issue. I’ve messaged support and awaiting a response.

I have the same issue, did anyone find a solution?

Same issue here, and I was hoping someone else would have found the solution.

facing the same issue. Not able to upgrade to paid version and free credits showing as zero for newly created accounts

Still unsolved.

Checked the console and I get 500 internal server error for /dashboard/billing/subscription

This issue has been resolved – thank you for reporting!

1 Like

I have the same issue “Oops! We couldn’t set up this subscription, please report this issue if it persists.”

The same problem, too “Oops! We couldn’t set up this subscription, please report this issue if it persists.”.

Same problem. Tried several cards, does not accept.

1 Like

Same here. All cards were rejected.

1 Like

Yes, I also tried 3 different cards to pay for the upgrade (USD 20 a month) and all cards were rejected.

2 Likes

Same here, I also tried 4 different credit and debit cards and all of them were rejected.

yep same here. All my aud debit or credit cards were declined.