Unable to upgrade and provide billing information

Having the same problem. To confirm, I am trying to upgrade to a paid account, but even when entering my business address and credit card information correctly, I get the error below:

Oops! We couldn't set up this subscription, please report this issue if it persists.

I also get the same error if I try to input just my business address in the settings page.

Please help?

Any updates on this thread? Happening to me as well, hoping someone found the solution?

I finally got this to work for me. For me, it was that the IP address i was connected to the internet with was far away (a state over) from the zip code on the billing address for the CC. So I think having your IP close to the zip on the CC matters.

1 Like

any solutoin to this I am not able to add any of my credit cards, I keep getting the same error messages
Oops! We couldn’t set up this subscription, please report this issue if it persists.

try vpn, took jacob5’s advise and it worked after

If anyone is looking for a solution after many failed attempts. I decided to use setup a privacy card to use for billing and it worked instantly. Let me know if it works for anyone else.

I did the same thing after trying my normal card. It declined the privacy card. Then I logged into my normal bank app and saw the $5 initial charge. Even though the Billing panel still tells me to “Set up a paid account”. Oh, and all of the help forms I’ve found don’t do anything…

I got same error “Oops! We couldn’t set up this subscription, please report this issue if it persists”.

Same problem here. Why does no one from open ai resolve this

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Please see:

I’m having the same issue, writing this because the error message asked me to report!

Welcome to the developer forum.

Have you been to the help.openai.com site and used the bot in the bottom right corner to request assistance? You can also find card issue help here Why was my credit card declined? | OpenAI Help Center

Same here but i got charged for 5 dollars!!!

1 Like

I have the same issue right now… Can’t find the solution and the OPENAI customer service is not working. Help!

1 Like

same here, tried 3 cards, was charged on 1 but still had the error

Having the same issue as everyone else in the last hour. Cards being charged but receiving an error every time.

Welcome to the developer forum.

There is currently an issue with subscriptions being applied to Plus memberships, this may have some knock on effects, you can see the current status in the link below, until this issue is resolved I would advise not touching your account settings.

Status seems to be resolved, But I still have the issue

Understood, please use the Help Centre. In the bottom right corner is a message icon. image click the icon and enter your issue, the bot will take your details and a member of the account support team will get back to you, it may take several weeks due to the number of people currently using the system.

Several weeks ?!?!?! This function needs to be implemented by a serious internet player. You know, like Microsoft?