Card decline no matter how many different cards I use

Hello OpenAI Community,

I’m encountering an issue with billing. My cards keep being declined whenever I attempt to add API credits to my account. There was one card that worked a few times, but now it won’t process any payments at all. As for my other cards, they’re also being declined when I try to add them. I’ve followed all the suggested troubleshooting tips, but nothing has worked.

Before anyone suggests it might be an issue with my bank, I’ve already checked, and my bank confirmed that OpenAI isn’t even attempting to pull funds. I also waited the recommended 2-3 days, but the problem persists. I’ve tried reaching out to OpenAI multiple times to inform them of this issue, but I haven’t received any replies. I’ve also tried chatting with several representatives, but still no resolution. They have been completely unresponsive.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry to hear that you are facing troubles with your billing.

Two more thoughts on this: (1) Are you located in a supported country? See the list of supported countries here. (2) Responses from OpenAI support typically take some time. It can be up to several weeks unfortunately. So you might still get a response.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Hello there,

I have exactly the same problem. I tried different cards from different banks and followed all the troubleshooting steps. Cards are still getting declined.

This is really frustrating not to have any email support from OpenAI : for now there are no solutions at all !

1 Like

I understand your frustration.

OpenAI is a relatively small company for its profits.

The number of employees is said to be roughly 500 to 1,000.

So from what I’ve heard, unfortunately, it might take a few months to get a response.

2 Likes

…a few months… turned into a few minutes !
Had a quick answer from Niel, it seems like the problem is not in their hands and that it should disapear in a few hours… Wait and see !
Having customers screaming “Take my money !” is a good sign IMHO.

EDIT : 1 day later, still no joy… :confused:

2 Likes

Maybe, it’s because we posted here😉

This was happening to me too. I was able to figure out a work around that worked for me. On the billing page, instead of clicking “Add to credit balance”, turn on auto recharge and set “When credit balance goes below” to some value less then your current balance. Then set “Bring credit balance back up to” to the amount you want to add to your account. It took a few minutes but it eventually charged by account and added credits. This was the only way I could get it to add credits. I still get “Credit card declined” when I try to add credits the normal way.

4 Likes

We had similar issues this morning. 4 different credit cards declined. All banks confirmed the problem was with OpenAI. This crippled our AI server for the sake of $0.0001. OpenAI is not really enterprise ready unless they can fix these problems.

1 Like

I wonder how much revenue is falling through the cracks this way? :grimacing:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to make payment from India