Unable to make payment from India

It’s hard to say this, but… Logan no longer works at OpenAI.

How come no one from Openai is still taking this seriously? This is a major issue. Please tag someone you think will be able to help with this.

facing the same issue. very frustrating. please fix this asap. thanks!

I face this same issue for the last 4 days!

tried with multiple cards, amex too

Solution found!

I was facing same issues.
I deleted my plan for using API and created a new plan by adding new card details.
which took me to payment page and ONLY by using AXIS bank credit card, I was able to make the payment and git it working.

Wish you luck with this.

1 Like

Okay I think after a lot of trial and error, I may have found a solution. :smile:
Tested with Visa and Amex.

I stumbled upon these help articles:

tl;dr

• On the Billing Overview page, select Cancel Plan and proceed to cancel the existing plan.
  • Refresh the page, and now select Start Payment Plan again, you’ll need to enter new card details.
  • IMPORTANT: Toggle off automatic recharges - this is the source of the problem for Indian cards.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

this does not work
tried with hdfc visa

1 Like

For the sake of reproducibility- i also used the “logout of all devices” option before I cancelled and renewed my plan

Still doesn’t work :smiling_face_with_tear: Good for you though

FYI - Only working with Axis credit card

Solution found!

I was facing same issues. I am from India.
I deleted my plan for using API and created a new plan by adding new card details.
which took me to payment page and ONLY by using AXIS bank credit card, I was able to make the payment and got it working.

You might not have the Axis credit card(if you are not from India) but you could try the process though.

Wish you luck with this one.

I am afraid the cards still declined after following the steps and then I received a mail from my bank that the card was declined as the merchant is non-compliant with the new RBI guidelines.

Axis bank’s cards may not be a long-term solution either, as it is only a matter of time until they enforce the e-mandate regulations as well.

The issue has been resolved. The payments are going through now.
Thanks @PaulBellow @edwinarbus @Foxalabs

2 Likes

We’re very sorry for the trouble here. We’ve fixed payments from India—would you be able to try again? (Basically, we messed up our 3DS setup with Stripe, and due to India e-mandate, errors occurred.)

9 Likes

Yes, the payments are now going through now, thanks

2 Likes

I am concerned about recurring payment declines. The bank says the merchant is not compliant with new RBI guidelines. Is there a permanent solution?