Unable to make payment for ChatGPT Pro Plan

I’m also facing the same issue since they launched the plus feature , I’ve sent a feedback and reported it as a bug, let’s see what happens

Same, I cannot upgrade to Plus. Imagine the amount of revenue they are losing?? I know they’re cash rich, but it still must be millions.

I can verify that none of my Indian cards, including RBL Global Safari and Niyo Global, are working.
Is anybody from OpenAI looking into this?

1 Like

I have also tried ICICI and Federal Bank credit cards and even contacted the respective banks, however no respite. Can we pay via PayPal?

1 Like

Same here, unable to upgrade subscription, card declined!

my bank confirmed it, there was no attempt for transaction.

1 Like

Same here. Tried multiple visa cards, dinersclub, Niyo card.
All cards are declined.

1 Like

Even i am facing the same problem. Tried with different cards but no luck.

I hope somehow AI will understand this and resolve this issue automatically.

Facing same issue here.
Credit cards tried AMEX, VISA and MC. No luck.

i am facing similar issue and its due to the “Indian credit cards can no longer be used for recurring payments without the e-mandate” mentioned above by members. I have another international subscription and i got it to work with help of their senior support team. I highlighted this reason to them and got around it by making some changes at their end. They did something (made it appear as a new subscription for my already expiring subscription) and it worked.

The issue seems to fixed by OpenAI. I have successfully subscribed to chatgpt plus.

1 Like

Im Still facing the issue from Argentina.

They just fixed it for India. Now you’ll also see GST being charged, and the full amount being taken instead of the token amount to validate the card.

Hi all, I have also faced the same issue. I was trying to do the transaction in India and I tried 3 Indian Credit Cards and it didn’t work. I was using Chrome browser.

Finally It worked

To make it work I had switched to Firefox browser and the same credit card worked. What I have observed so far that in chrome for some reason the tax component was not getting calculated and as a result it was unable to process. The request was not even going to the bank which issued the credit card.

Please follow the steps and I hope you will find success.

Weird, I’ve tried Firefox and Chrome but in both my cards were getting declined (VISA and MasterCard). Although the tax component was missing in firefox, it was present in chrome but still it declined

Tried in Chrome and Firefox both, but does not work in either. Card still gets declined, saying that the Standing Instruction has been declined as per RBI guidelines. Seems like issue with Stripe gateway with lack of support for e-mandate system for recurring transactions as per RBI guidelines.

Use Firefox private/incognito mode. Did it for me.

I installed Firefox for this, yet I allowed it to import my Chrome details. The card was rejected on the regular Firefox browser with my Chrome data. When I switched to Firefox private mode, my payment was accepted (Debit Card).

1 Like

I TAKE BACK MY WORDS. CHATGPT has sorted it out. I just made the payment, that too through my Nationalized back Debit card and it got accepted. I think the issue was with the Tax Calculations.

1 Like

This may help

After trying many different cards, finally was able to subscribe using an ICICI Bank - Amazon Visa credit card! So I finally got access to ChatGPT Plus! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, just wanted to share that all my cards kept getting declined, but my ICICI credit card finally worked!

1 Like