Unable to make payment for ChatGPT Pro Plan

Dear ChatGPT team,

I am in India and today I tried on three different credit cards to pay for the service. I was able to put the OTP all 3 times but the payment did not go through. I have also not received any message from Bank if this was declined.

After putting the OTP the screen comes back to payment screen and CC numbers turn red. Can you please check if your India payments are working?

Cards tried, AMEX, VISA and Mastercard.

14 Likes

I am facing the same problem. All cards are declining.

2 Likes

Facing the same problem. Looks like it is a payment gateway problem, not the card.

2 Likes

Same here. Both debit and credit cards, Master and Visa are not working.

1 Like

Same here, not working.
If it is working for anyone then please let us know solution.

1 Like

Exact same problem. It has become very hard to make international payments using Indian Credit Cards

1 Like

I’m not able to use Indian credit card to make the payment. Please look into this

1 Like

I tried Credit Cards as well as Debit cards from various banks. Payment declined.

1 Like

Same here. Not sure when this will get fixed.

1 Like

I saw the Apple Pay available to use on payment but still not able to process. Pls fix it asap

1 Like

I’ve encountered the same issue while attempting to use four different cards, but without any success. It seems likely that the feature has not yet been rolled out for India and the option is mistakenly appearing. This has occurred during the initial 4-5 days of previous OpenAI feature releases as well.

2 Likes

Facing the same issue even after 4 days of trying? Any new suggestions?

1 Like

The same issue here too. I tried with debit, prepaid credit, and credit card. Please resolve at the earliest.

1 Like

Same issue. Seems that they have some bugs with the launch of ChatGPT Plus in India. Hopefully the read this and fix it, soon.

Hello friends, It seems that there is a waiting list for ‘ChatGPT Plus’ subscription. You need to fill in a request. Form available in the link in ‘Updates & FAQ’ link. Hope this is the case and doing so gets us an invitation from ChatGPT.

1 Like

Same issue still not fixed😒

Even i am facing the same issue. Card declined!!

1 Like

Kindly refer to this post by our lead OpenAI staff member here in our developer community:

Thank you.

:slight_smile:

This is probably because Indian credit cards can no longer be used for recurring payments without the e-mandate setting as of Oct 2021. Companies in India have implemented that into their payment flows. However its unlikely that many international sites will do that. As a result of this, subscription payments to businesses outside India no longer work afaik.

This is not the payment gateway problem. Instead it is due to a stupid Indian banking law that no recurring international payments are supported using Indian cards because the companies are not allowed to save the card information which is required for recurring payments. Some idiot at the top thought this is a great security measure he is implementing due to which we indians can no longer subscribe for any international subscription based service. So much for digital india.

3 Likes