Still unable to login into ChatGPT

Hello
I have read many pages over the last week
eg … https://help.openai.com/en/articles/6613629-why-can-t-i-log-in-to-openai-platform
and followed links from and also checked various Down detector websites. it seems I am not alone, I can’t find any other info on what is going on.

For the last week I haven’t been able to login, there is a chat bar at the bottom of the screen which does nothing, that’s it. Other wise is a blank screen and there is no option to allow me to log in, yet there is no issue logging in to the forums.

I do do the usual cookies & cache clearing, trying private modes etc. Until a month or two ago I was a subscribed user and had to unsubscribed for a while. I wanted to renew my subscription in weeks time, I cant login. I can’t even use it in it’s simple free mode. Is there any particular browser that’s required now? I hope I don’t need google to log in now because I don’t have a google account, not really fond of having one either.
has ChatGPT updated browser security ciphers for TLS, maybe that’s what’s preventing me using it now… I don’t know …

Any thoughts?

TIA

5 Likes

Same issue here! Hoping someone has an answer.

1 Like

Was able to open with different browser ( Edge) . Would prefer to use in Chrome.

1 Like

I shouldn’t have to change browsers to use a website. If it come to that being a requirement to use GPT I’ll go to the local library, login from there to delete my account. From what I have seen so far, the problem seems to be everywhere with no clear answers.

3 Likes

this was the address I normally used from my bookmarks to log in, never before been an issue
https://chat.openai.com/auth/login

how ever when i use that same address it redirects to

https://chatgpt.com/

something broken ?

2 Likes

Same here! I’ve been experiencing problems since 20/09. I did all the steps that were suggested, and now I cannot even login. This is dangerous since desperate users can fall into scam sites to find alternative routes to use the IA technology.

2 Likes

Yep, have had the same problem since Nov 20. I can see the login screen but nothing happens when I click the login button. It seems that the login page breaks during loading, because the animated text to the left on it never appears.

Have tried two other browsers (Chrome, Chromium), my standard being Firefox, on my computer with the same result. Have also tried all the usual, clearing cache/cookies, restart, changing user agent and so on to no avail.

In frustration I tried an old laptop with Firefox, and on that one it works, so I don’t know. This is the first time this happened to me since I became a plus member some months ago.

Wrote a message in the support chat Nov 20 after they had fixed “the problem” but have heard nada from them so far.

1 Like

Same here! Hope there’s a solution soon!! Can’t use my account!!!

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I experienced this issue a few months ago.

I was similarly only partially logged in, all of my browsers were stalled out. I reached out to customer service. Be warned, it takes like a day in between messages.

I changed browsers, cleared caches—went so far as to force a reboot of my Google OAuth. I did everything for no dice. It was extremely frustrating.

I did, however, discover that I still had access via the mobile app—so I could still get some work done. Which wasn’t ideal, but convenient to learn. Then I got frustrated enough to even try learning the API.

Something like 7 days or more later, desktop access was magically restored.

Who knows what happened. I would have appreciated more communication on the matter.

2 Likes

Thanks for your experience. :+1:

I neither want to use ChatGPT on my phone or another computer as the one I’m using is my main workhorse. Guess I’ll just have to wait a few days to see if if something changes like it did for you.

:pray:

1 Like

Idk if this will help but my app and my web based browser version of ChatGPT got out of sink I had to uninstall app then clear cache logged back in on web then reinstalled app then logged into it. My archive on the app was out of sink with my archive on web. These are snap and screen shots I had to use two devices to diagnose it on my device. So sorry forgot key info. You must archive all chats after logging back in on web before you instal app again if you don’t it glitches again.

It was giving me a blank screen like this with no login area. I u

s

2 Likes

Well that wait didn’t last long. I tried to log in again at about 23.30 (GMT+1) and would you believe it? It friggin’ works! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

And it wasn’t me so something at their end must have been fixed.

2 Likes

It must have been something big to be unavailable for that long.
I wonder what it was?

1 Like