Payment successful but account not upgraded to OpenAI ChatGPT Plus user

I subscribed to OpenAI ChatGPT Plus on February 28th and my subscription expired yesterday. Today, I tried to renew my subscription using the same Visa card that I used before, and the payment went through successfully. However, when I try to use the service, I am still prompted to upgrade to a Plus user.

anyone know what’s going on?
would appreciate any help or advice on this issue.

14 Likes

I am also in the same situation. I just completed the payment, and cannot use it :sob:

3 Likes

Same here, I have a few friends who are in the same situation.

3 Likes

I am in a similar situation, I think my subscription ended on the 24th March, but I didn’t realize it until the 29th. Upon checking, it seems the auto billing failed, so I made the payment using the same card as I first subscribed. Payment went thru, the bank sent a message saying that payment was successful.

Then for the next 2 days, nothing. Nothing changes, I am still seeing the “Upgrade to Plus” section at the menu area. I still cannot choose which GPT engine to use.

I sent 2 messages to them using the chat function at the FAQ help page yesterday, no response yet. I just sent an email to support@openai.com few minutes ago. Awaiting response. Hopefully not a 404. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Same here. In the manage subscription page, my current plan is even ChatGPT Plus Subscription, but I still cannot access the features of a plus account.

4 Likes

Me too, I hope the support team is not GPT but real humans :joy:

2 Likes

Same here.

I paid 2 times thinking it was an error, but both times they took my money($40!), and I never upgraded. I emailed them, they never responded, and I want to sue them.

If anyone has solved the problem, please let me know.

3 Likes

I also have the same problem. I paid for it but it still no plus feature.

1 Like

Same problem here, I hope they adress this issue.

1 Like

Same problem here - paid twice and couldn’t get the upgrade.

2 Likes

Same here
I paid twice and both tine they took money 40$ and email like them like everyone, nothing change after 24 hours, hope they answer this issue

@ fyockvfdauseop as you are first person is in this topic I wonder if any thing change for you or same status?

That’s even more strange :joy:I’m still free plan

1 Like

Same here. Haven’t heard from the support team yet.

2 Likes

Nothing changes, still the same
截屏2023-03-31 21.28.56

Hi!
Same thing to me! It still says Upgrade to Plus

2 Likes

Ah. Same issue with me. Been following up with them but no response. Idk what is wrong. A nice way to get in the money.

2 Likes

I don’t think posting here will change a damn thing
Anyway.
I need this amazing technology with such bad support.
Well, I’ve started finding open AIs developers on Twitter, Discord and LinkedIn and messaging them
I recommend you do this.
to have a better impact

2 Likes

Have the same situation over here. It says the free plan, however, I was charged two days ago. No response from support@

2 Likes

Same problem! And I also download the invoice.

1 Like