Paid for ChatGPT Plus but still getting free version

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I followed the link to the Help Centre but you can only browse and search over existing help articles that don’t answer my question. I could not submit a question there.

I am a ChatGPT plus subscriber. Recently my access reverted to the free version. I discovered this was due to a credit payment failure. I retried the payment on the same card and it succeeded (I observed a successful payment under invoice history).

However, my access remained fixed on the free version. I tried following the “upgrade to plus” version flow and paid a second time. Now my invoice history shows two successful payments.

However my access remains fixed at the free version. I’ve tried logging out and logging in again several times as well. The issue remains.

I would love some help resolving this (and even better, I would love an explanation for why the credit payment failed in the first place. I retried the same card with success).

34 Likes

If you have already retried the payment and it was successful, then it’s possible that there is a delay in updating your account status. In some cases, it can take a few hours or even a day for your account to be upgraded after a payment has been processed.

If the issue persists, you may want to contact the ChatGPT support team directly to see if they can assist you with the issue. They should be able to look into your account and help you resolve the problem. You can reach out to them by email or through the ChatGPT website.

As for why the initial payment failed, it’s hard to say without more information. Sometimes credit card payments can fail for a variety of reasons, such as insufficient funds, an expired card, or a temporary issue with the payment processor. If you continue to have payment issues, you may want to contact your bank or credit card company to see if there are any issues on their end.

4 Likes

There is no such thing as ChatGPT support.
There are channels to attempt to get support, alas, well known that no one ever got answer from there.
Email support- no answer, chat support- you get dumb AI with predefined answers, and cant get anything with sense

13 Likes

I have the same issue, and it’s impossible to solve.

7 Likes

I have the same problem. I have paid the plus bill, but it did not change to plus.

6 Likes

I am having the same problem. My resubscription payment did not go through at first and after adding another payment method, the payment was confirmed via stripe. But I noticed I am now on the free version without access to Plus

3 Likes

Hi David,

Since yesterday, I have had exactly the same issue that you are experiencing. I thought it was a problem with my account, but I am finding hundreds in this community with the same problem! The worst thing is that I don’t know how to resolve it since it’s impossible to get an answer from the Support team (I tried sending e-mails to support@open.ai and looking for support in the Help Center).

3 Likes

I have the same problem. I have paid the plus bill yesterday, but it did not change to plus until now.

2 Likes

the same problem here. Still no response from support and I am stuck with free version even tho I paid for the upgrade.

4 Likes

I am experiencing the exact same thing. been almost 3 days now.

4 Likes

I am experiencing thw same problem. No response from the support email.

3 Likes

I’ve send emails about this to support@openai.com and ar@openai.com 8 hours ago but no reply :frowning: I have the same issue

3 Likes

Same here. My registration email is amit27@yandex.ru

3 Likes

No, if you retry payment and it is successful, then you may have two or three subscriptions. like me. with no plus…and also having paid a total of 65$ or so now.

4 Likes

I am having the same issue too. Sent email to support@openai.com

4 Likes

Sane here i sent email to them as everyone else and i add comment in other topic like here and after paid twice
Still nothing change, i wonder just in case we get back our plus account, do they gonna pay those days we paid and couldn’t use them services

4 Likes

I actually have the same issue, I paid twice, and my subscription still wasn’t activated.

@logankilpatrick – Can you escalate it to someone associated with billing issues for ChatGPT, if you look at the discord bug-report section, you will see 300+ people reporting the issue, people as early as 5 minutes ago reported having the same issue.

7 Likes

I have the same problem. I paid twice yesterday and still using free version. My registration email is 211407007@hakkari.edu.tr

4 Likes

+1 here…
Tried email, tickets, DM, discord… nothing! 72h+ without plus membership.

3 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue and have paid twice with no plus access, please help to fix asap.

4 Likes