Payment credit card declined

Yes connected to my VPN was the issue. Disable the VPN

1 Like

Same problem here, i subscribed chatGPT Plus with the same credit card, but I can’t pay my API billing, it’s so weird.

Looks like with the new month, the same issues are back. What was solved for March invoice is again recurring for the April invoice. This looks more like a monthly nightmare… not once has the API bill been able to be charged successfully to my card on the first go. :joy:

1 Like

It has declined 6 credit cards in a row. All have international transactions enabled but still it’s declining the card. Why So? OpenAI doesn’t want to get paid for using GPT anymore, is that?

1 Like

I had this issues, it was due to my credit card provider’s system automatically blocking the transaction.

Call you credit card company and ask if there system has blocked the transaction. Sometimes they will block transactions automatically and fail to notify you so it is stuck in limbo!

OpenAi uses Stripe, so there is next to nothing they can do besides ask Stripe.

Two months later, the same problem occurs again, what happened? @PaulBellow

I had the same issue: my card was declined. I do not know how to solve the problem. The Q&A link does not help. I tried several cards and closed VPN. It was weird.

1 Like

same issue, i think the company is going bankrupt and started by preventing users to pay them.

same issue card declined!! pls review your recurring payment policy because it is restricting 50% of the users to pay you for the plus subscription. i got successfully paid in march then april, may and now in june same issue occur.!

Welcome to the forum,
For account related issues please use OpenAI Help Centre in the bottom right corner is a message icon. image click the icon and enter your issue, the bot will take your details and a member of the account support team will get back to you, it may take several weeks due to the number of people currently using the system.

same problem here. Switched serveral credit card, it reports the same issue.

They somehow detect where you are.

Make sure you either turn off your VPN if you’re traveling, OR turn ON your VPN if you’re traveling. It’s weird.

I recently moved to Australia and have to VPN to the US just for payment to go through.

1 Like

Still no response from openAI? a lot of feedback but have no answer from them

99.99% chances that link is rejecting the payments because you guys are not in the same area, city, state, country or planet you set your payment information from. AI can be smart or very very dumb. This thread shows the dumb side of the mAIn

1 Like

Same problem, I can pay chatgpt plus, but if I use the card for API I get the error ‘Card declined’… is there a solution to this problem?

Welcome to the developer forum!

You can try the advice from here, if you continue to have issues you should use the help bot in the bottom righthand corner to enquire about your billing related issue.

https://help.openai.com/en/articles/7232916-why-was-my-credit-card-declined

Only problem that im waiting for 10 days now for a reply from support … sheesh … I also signed up for chat gpt plus … but get declined for the api…

I am experiencing the same issues, I ended up without gpt premium after the second month. Everyone accepts my credit card, except OpenAI. Could you look into this please?

This is a community forum for developers, no one here can help you directly.

Please read this post for guidance,

1 Like

What worked in my case was to pay using cellular data on a freshly installed browser (no cookies). The phone was (probably) connected to a cell tower in the ZIP code area that was listed on my credit card.

Some one in another thread mentioned his IP points to a different state than the one on the card and usig celllular data helped.