No help available, need help signing up, cell phone number incorrectly identified as landline, no help available from anywhere

Unfortunately I couldn’t find any topic where I can post this or any customer support. I am trying to sign up but without success. When providing my phone number from code, Chat GPT identifies it as a landline number and refuses to send a code. If I ask for help, chat bot asks me to sign in to ask for further help. Somewhere in this developer community, there was a post asking to go to customer support site and use chat bot for help but chat bot is pretty useless and asks me to sign in to get further help. How am I suppose to sign in if CHat GPT can’t identify a cell phone number correctly. That’s pretty basic and even a rudimentary site of run down mom and pop store can identify cell number correctly. Is there a way I can get help without signing in or is this a moot point and there’s not point trying?

10 Likes

Try check blocked messages because if chatgpt fail to send u code in ur main inbox it likely sent you in the blocked/spam message folder.

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well. I’m inserting my mobile number, and it says it’s a landline and refuses to send a code. It wouldn’t get sent to blocked messages, because the site is literally denying to send a code in the first place.

5 Likes

try adding two zeros before you write your phone number.

2 Likes

didn’t work, tried changing the country code to a couple others out of frustration and now the account has been flagged for abuse, even if I change emails it seems the number itself is flagged.

4 Likes

this is genuinely the worst support system I have ever come across. the bot gives me useless advice, and then to get more help it tells me to create an account. the issue I’m having is with CREATING AN ACCOUNT. is there literally no way to contact an actual human being? even their support email redirects me to the stupid Fin bot

5 Likes

So much for new AI, I too am having issues getting setup.

2 Likes

Chat gpt, keeps telling me my # is a premium number=circular.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. This REALLY doesn’t give me confidence in this company, if they can’t even set up making an account correctly. And they are the ones controlling one of the most disruptive technologies around? Terrifying.

6 Likes

Just chiming in to say that I’ve had the same problem: mobile number ID’d incorrectly as a landline, and the only avenue to request support being OpenAI’s “Virtual assistant” which just copies and pastes repeatedly from the same irrelevant FAQ page.

6 Likes

Same issue here. I’ve tried inputting my number with country code, without country code, with and without a leading zero. The number is incorrectly identified as a landline and I can’t proceed. Not going to change my number for this, obviously, so I’m locked out.

4 Likes

Same exact issue. A VERY good case for why AI should not be the sum total of a company’s customer service strategy.

Guess I’ll go use Bard, rather than paying for GPT Pro.

:clown_face:

4 Likes

Add in one more. Trying to sign up but it identifies my valid cell number as a landline. Appears to be no recourse. Doesn’t lend much confidence in their product.

4 Likes

Same issue here. Cell phone is being flagged as a landline and no code is being sent.

4 Likes

Chatbot is also useless and there is no way to contact customer support. Hope they see this and come up with a fix.

4 Likes

Same thing here. I verified my email but it says my phone is a landline and it’s 100% not. And this is exactly why we need humans doing this work because AI just doesn’t know what is going on. All trust lost in this company.

3 Likes

Same here. It says my number is a voip number and it is not. Also tried logging in through Microsoft and Google. They have both notified me that Openai is accessing my personal information.
Very interesting. So far, really not impressed. Artificial retardiness.

4 Likes

Same! It keeps saying that for my phone number, and I tried my bf’s number and still the same thing. Neither are VOIP, we have a normal cell phone plan and I’ve had this number for like 15 years. It’s extremely frustrating not even being able to use it because I’m getting blocked incorrectly at sign up.

4 Likes

Same problem here. Please fix this. I did switch my landline number to my cell phone but that was like 20 years ago! I don’t even have a landlline.

5 Likes

Same issue! What a screw up. And don’t thy even have anyone looking at this board??

4 Likes