No help available, need help signing up, cell phone number incorrectly identified as landline, no help available from anywhere

I have same problem. My phone number was a landline several years ago, but then became a cell phone number. What is going on? How STUPID IS THIS CHATBOT ? I DECIDED I’M NOT INTERESTED IN THIS CHATGPT SINCE IT FAILS TO KNOW THAT THIS PHONE IS A CELL PHONE!!! cAPITALIZATION IS INTENDED. i AM YELLING!!!

3 Likes

I have the exact same problem with the signup process saying my cell phone is a landline. Please fix this ChatGPT!!

3 Likes

Why should you even need a phone to talk to a chatbot. There should be no reason at all to ask for a phone number. It is just another insecure way to build up a data base of unwanted privacy data.

4 Likes

My cell number is also being flagged as a landline. I sent an email to support but haven’t heard anything.

3 Likes

Yup same here. Typing on the same cell phone right now that is apparently a landline. If chatgpt is so smart, why can’t it figure out that I’m on a cell?

The lack of “contact us” is astounding.

2 Likes

Same here. I’m adding my voice in the hopes that someone will notice that it’s happening to a lot of people. I’m going to try my dad’s cell phone tonight. I need to get on ChatGPT because my entire family is using it and calling me a dinosaur.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. My phone number has always been a cell phone number and is not premium. Wish they would fix it soon because I would like to see if the AI will be useful for my work.

2 Likes

I am having the exact same issue and it is very upsetting. I have had my cell number for over a decade and have no plans to change it. There is no user support which seems unacceptable for such a large company.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. It identifies my cell number as a virtual number. I’ve currently been using the snapchat ai bot which is gpt based and I might try putting a complaint through snapchat since I can’t find any easy way to do it on the browser version.

2 Likes

I’m also having the same problem. This has been my cell number for over 15 years - very frustrating!

2 Likes

Same here. Giving me a VOIP error. Phone is on Koodo in Canada.

1 Like

Same here. Using my cell phone number and it says it’s a landline…

1 Like

Same problem. My number was once a landline, but has been my cell # for over a decade now. With Rogers in Canada. Very disappointing, and frustrating!

1 Like

Same issue here! I don’t have landline just cell phone.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. if this has any chance of getting helped i would appreciate it.

1 Like

Same issue. Mistaking my mobile number as a landline. Customer support has yet to send me a reply with a fix.

1 Like

Same problem here. Got rid of my land line 10 years ago and of course ported my landline number to my cellphone, which I’m sure millions of people did when getting rid of their obsolete land lines. Certainly the creators of the signup function would recognize that.

Very frustrating!

1 Like

It’s been over a month of cell numbers being identified as landlines, there’s no hope here. What does this say about their company making an AI if they can’t even set up a simple system to properly detect these things. What a waste of space.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. If they can’t even solve a simple issue such as this, how can we trust them with AI

1 Like

Same issue here. My cell number is identified like a landline but is not true.

1 Like