How do I get hold of billing support for OpenAI?

I have an issue with the billing on my OpenAI API, I have prepaid credits loaded, but my latest bill will not deduct from the prepaid credits and I am about to be suspended. I am shoulders deep in a big project and I can’t afford to be suspended and miss my deadline.

I have tried the help feature on the API page but my messages go days without even being seen by anyone. Who can I contact, and how, to get help with this?

1 Like

Welcome to the site.

As we’re volunteers here, we can’t help you.

I’d try help.openai.com again…

Were you just switched from pay at end of the month? If so, you might need to handle that last one as I’m not sure if credits will cover it as it’s another billing system/style?

Good luck!

Pending monthly bills from past usage will not be paid for by credits. That is by design, and fixes a huge oversight previously.

You need to ensure that the payment method that was previously used for paying monthly bills continues to function through the satisfaction of your final monthly bill that still will be billed at the normal time.

To contact OpenAIs contracted support, in your API account at platform.openai.com, select help, and a help widget will come up with an area for messages, where you first must navigate a phone tree. You must be very clear that you need account services for payments from staff able to look at your account and accept payments, and not simply “bot support replies” likely not even in the native language of the operator, and still will likely be shrugged off by these outsourcers who’s job is just to make communications go away.