Forgot Password, not receiving email to reset

I am having this issue too! Did they ever help you resolve it?

Same issue for me. Tried on different browsers. does not work. Forgot password does not work

I’m experiencing the same issue here and it’s very frustrating.

Hey there,

I had a similar issue before, and I managed to fix it. If you’re dealing with the problem of your old email already being associated with an account, here’s how you can resolve it:

1. Sign up using your old email.
  2. You’ll get a message saying the user already exists.
  3. Go to the password reset option.
  4. Follow the steps to reset your password and access your account again.

This should help you recover your account.

2 Likes

Why can’t I reset the password for the account that I paid for and that belongs to me?

1 Like

Hi,
For some reason, accounts created by signing up with your gmail account (not to be confused with signing up by entering your gmail email) does not receive password reset email. I was able to login again by clicking the login with gmail button

1 Like

Trying to use sign in with google my friend it works for me
As origin no password been set up

Thank you very much! It helps me a lot!

There is an OpenAI FAQ page

How do I change my account password?

1 Like

i have facing problem want to reset passwords but not receiving Email

As noted in the FAQ

How do I change my account password?

If you don’t receive an email, or the reset process doesn’t work, check to see if you initially authenticated using your Google or Microsoft account. If you used one of those methods, try logging in with that authentication method instead.

Unlike other sites where you can use a email with password and also a Google or Microsoft account for OpenAI accounts for ChatGPT and API you can only use one or the other. You have to use the same means you used when signing up. If you try to reset an email password and used a Google or Microsoft account then you have to use the Google or Microsoft account you signed up with to login.

Hi. I also can’t recover my password. When I try to log in through my Google account I get this error.

There are two ways you can log in:

1. by an email address and password combination held only by OpenAI
  2. by an authentication service, of three available.

Only the first can allow you to reset your password, by saying “forgot password” when you log in and then receiving an email.

If using an authentication service, there is only your Google account’s password that you might have to re-enter. Or change within Google if you desire.

same here as well. I just wanted to set password to my gpt account intstead of signing through google

Once your authentication method to an OpenAI account has been set, it cannot be changed. If you’ve chosen Google as your third-party authentication service, then it is your Google password you’ll have to rotate and which gives access to the service and management.

This information gives you such denial, but also follows up with information to confuse.

https://help.openai.com/en/articles/4936824-can-i-change-my-authentication-method

Any joy? Im having same issue crys…

1 Like

My solution:
I had the same problem. Earlier I selected a Google account of mine when logging in. If you also previously logged in via a Google account, you can do the following steps:

• add another Gmail account to your Google login. If you don’t have that then create a new Google account.
  • Try logging into chatGPT again but this time choose your new Gmail. after this, you will get a confirmation from Google on your Niew Gmail account.
  • From now on, you will be logged in to chatGPT with the new Google account.

Maybe a Microsoft account also works if you used that instead of Google before. then you have to use a new Microsoft account.

I have the same issue. Tried in many ways but still not getting the rest password email

Me too. Trying to reset the password but I am not receiving email to reset. How to fix it?

Created account with Google a while ago, can’t set a password. I don’t get the reset password email.

FAQ (previously linked) states that if you created your OpenAI account with your Google or Apple account, you cannot set a password. But if you created your account with a password, you can link your Google or Apple account… this issue is clearly not a priority for OpenAI.

https://help.openai.com/en/articles/4936824-can-i-change-my-authentication-method