Error: Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com

I have had this issue for 5 days. Contacted OpenAI and they have not responded. The refresh does not work, i can only do short questions anyway, if i put part of my code I get the same error

Same here. It is not browser related, as I get this issue on firefox and Chrome, on incognito mode, etc.

It is related to lemgth of prompt. I can post a short code snippet, and bot works but if I post anything more than 100 words, it breaks, it gives “sonething went wrong” error and that’s it.

Has the length of max prompt been reduced to 100 words?

i am having the exact same issue.
Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

i cannot send anything, it errors all the time for moderately long messages

The cherry on the cake is the fact that help.openai.com doesn’t have an easy and visible form to contact support.

This has been going on intermittently and getting worse. I can only post now for sometime short messages. And I am a subscriber… Please OpenAI fix this.

I have the same error, it only lets me post small messages, Fix it please! I am a premium user.

Is also keep getting this error all the time. I´m also a pro subscriber.

It’s interesting that this is happening.

I tried some of the examples that break it and it doesn’t seem to be anything specific. Rather something grouped together. It’s also strange that it’s being refused (403) by the back-end. I tried Firefox as well and it wasn’t solved.

Then again, OpenAI has before mis-used status codes with mishandled requests. The error code in the logs is a /* this shouldn’t happen */ type error.

My guess: Some new classifier to prevent malicious code maybe? Has anyone noticed this happening without it being code?

People need to start showing their prompts that are causing the error.

Not going to happen. Don’t waste your time and spam this forum

Yeah I keep getting this error whenever I paste in python code snippets. so annoyinggggggggg

Yeah me too since yesterday or the day before. Tried VPN, Browser Change whatever, doesnt help. My suggestion is, that this is a try to prevent malicious python code?

I copied and pasted some random HTML from the source code of this forum and it also throws the error:

<link rel="preload" href="https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/openai1/theme-javascripts/388c5adab37a8b7fab99e007fa1ab8284a5eb4d5.js?__ws=community.openai.com" as="script">
<script defer src='https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/openai1/theme-javascripts/388c5adab37a8b7fab99e007fa1ab8284a5eb4d5.js?__ws=community.openai.com' data-theme-id='12'></script>
    <link id="manifest-link" rel="manifest" href=/manifest.webmanifest crossorigin="use-credentials">

Doesn’t work

<link rel="preload" href="https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/openai1/theme-javascripts/388c5adab37a8b7fab99e007fa1ab8284a5eb4d5.js?__ws=community.openai.com" as="script">

Does work (Which is the top reduced)

<script defer src='https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/openai1/theme-javascripts/388c5adab37a8b7fab99e007fa1ab8284a5eb4d5.js?__ws=community.openai.com' data-theme-id='12'></script>

Doesn’t work

<script src="" data-type="big"></script>

Doesn’t work

<script src="" ></script>

Does work

<script src="" iLove="bigBooty"></script>

Doesn’t work

<script src=""></script>

iLove="bigBooty"

Doesn’t work

<script src=""></script>

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

iLove="bigBooty"

Does work

Sick classifier, bro (still not 100% sure though)

I would like to see if people add some noise (like the Lorem placeholder) if it “fixes” the error.

Lmao what? I’m not sure why you’re fluffing on me like a bird.

Sure. Squack away. Could be doing better things with your life, that’s all I’m saying.

Spamception, woah.

Iight. Just noticed that you’re reviving dead threads to complain. Maybe you’ll get the response you want. Doubt it, all I’m saying. No need to fluff up on me. I’m sorry you felt threatened

Hello,
I had the same problem on Windows 11, I cleared the browser caches, restarted the PC, and finally I deactivated NordVPN, more specifically the WEB protection.
And since then it has been working well.

You saved the day. Was suspecting it had something to do with NordVPN but didn’t check turning the ‘Web Protection’ off earlier. Thanks!!

Thank you this worked immediately!! not all heroes where capes

Thanks for sharing, Resolved my issue after turning off NordVPN web protection

Thank you for posting. This fixed the issue in edge browser.

Hi everyone,
I’ve experienced the same issue and disabling NordVPN webprotection actually fixed the issue.

ALTHOUGH if you want to keep NordVPN webprotection while browsing without blocking ChatGPT, you can simply add ChatGPT as exception in the NordVPN Webprotection settings.

This worked for me.

Hope this would help. :slight_smile:

Yep NORD Web Protection was the cause for me