Downloading the new desktop app for ChatGPT?

Hey everyone, I pay for the plus subscription for ChatGPT and I saw today that one of the new things that OpenAl released was a new ChatGPT desktop app for the Mac. However, I cannot find the download link on the ChatGPT website anywhere. Does anyone know where to get it? I don’t know if this makes a difference or not but I do live in Australia, if the new desktop app is only available in the US for now.

30 Likes

Im in the UK and asked ChatGPT how to find the app. It’s supposed to have a download link on the user menu (cog) on the web app, but it isn’t there.

I’m assuming for now that it’s only available in the US.

7 Likes

Same issue from Israel. Can’t find it anywhere.
Woud love to know if someone really downloaded it from the US already.

3 Likes

following. Using ChatGPT from Nigeria. GPT4o is available via web but no desktop app or link for download.

1 Like

We’ve been discussing this exact topic at length over here:

1 Like

Also in Italy GPT4o is available via web but no desktop app or link for download.

I’m a ChatGPT Plus user in the US and I can see the Chat GPT 4o model, but after checking my entire account, I couldn’t find a download link to the desktop app version for OSx. Also, it appears that the Windows version isn’t released yet. I suppose they are slowly rolling it out to customers.

3 Likes

From the US. On a team plan, that I believe is plus? Regardless, I cannot find any mention or link to the MacOS desktop app either.

Me either. Don’t think its ready yet. In US or anywhere. I would not be comfortable using an unofficial GitHub version.

2 Likes

Same here, I can’t find the desktop app. I guess it is not ready yet.

I have the same problem. I can no longer find the link.

Works fine for me, I cant post the link because of my newer account.

2 Likes

Same issue from India I cannot find anything like the download option.

1 Like

yep, same issue, i cannot find download link either

was able to download, but trying to install / run, my mac doesn’t like it…

7 Likes

The Mac app not available in the US yet.

https://openai.com/chatgpt/download/

1 Like

Hi, Where did you download it from?

1 Like

I’m in the US, if you see my post from earlier too!

https://persistent.oaistatic.com/sidekick/public/ChatGPT_Desktop_public_latest.dmg

4 Likes

Is GPT4o available to paid users only? I haven’t got GPT4o in web app or mobile app.