ChatGPT Login Loop - Endless Spinning Circle

I have been having trouble accessing my ChatGPT Team account all day. I can open up the chat.openai.com site without a user account loaded, but once I try to login with my password, it goes on an endless spinning circle (throbber) for “redirecting” or “login”.

What’s weird is I have no problem accessing my account on the mobile site and I used my personal account (with a different email) on the same browser and it has no problem getting in. So cookies has been ruled out and I don’t use a VPN.

Anyone else facing this issue? It’s incredibly frustrating as I am the admin on the Team account too. If anyone can provide any tips as a workaround, I would be forever grateful!!!

6 Likes

They’re aware and working on it…

Having exact same issue. Paid user, and have been checking all my accounts, clearing cache, etc. Just spinning circle login. I have certainly become reliant on the platform and think we can safely coin a new term…GPT Withdrawal :slight_smile:

@erik11 @PaulBellow It worked very briefly for me last night, but now its back to the spinning circle thing. It’s brutal! Reluctantly using Claude as a result. Hope they fix it soon!

I accidentally used Gemini in a moment of panic.
Decided to take Friday off as I am rather useless without the support of genai. Just grateful I’m not a crowd strike customer. Have a great weekend

1 Like

Same error here… I’ve tried all the recommended procedures and nothing has resolved it so far. Still waiting for a fix…

I am having the same issue, but only on my google workspace business account, my personal login with Google works.

@daniel.bowne I am facing the exact same behavior since Jul 18, 2024.

Same issues here. Can’t login to my GPT+ account, been going on since around last Thursday.

I cleared my cache, tried multiple browsers, etc. but not having any luck.

1 Like

Same. Very frustrating, especially as a paid customer :confused:

1 Like

This is sincerely ridiculous, that the biggest AI company currently in the world, claiming to be the one to take us into AGI, is unable to fix a stupid login issue, is fascinating.

What kind of QA are you doing ? what about logging and monitoring ?
W
T
F

the search solution seems to be the most straightforward for the time being
1- login to your google account
2- google chat openai com auth login
3- click on the first link

Thanks to the original poster

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem.

When I log in with my free account, no issue. But as soon as I log in with my pro account (and ChatGPT Plus), I have the problem. The site doesn’t load.

One of my friends also had the problem occasionally.

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one.

2 Likes

We are getting it for several users using ChatGPT teams, I cannot even cancel our service or account because no admins can logins.

UPDATE: I am still running into this issue a week later. It’s wild. I found a workaround using incognito mode, but that has stopped working as of yesterday. I’ve had multiple friends reach out to me asking about it over the last few days though.

Why OpenAI has not released any sort of an update on this is quite bewildering. It seems every time they have an outage, something wacky like this happens. I don’t love the interface of Claude but it’s becoming awfully attractive given I’ve barely been able to use ChatGPT for a week.

@PaulBellow - any insight you can provide?

Here same problem: Google sign in / cookie bug?

I too am having this problem, and even after clearing the cache, clearing cookies, etc., the browser continues to hang up. Extremely frustrating. I am unable to use ChatGPT on my desktop.

1 Like

I can’t log into my account even after clearing all cache. I’m using it on desktop through anonymous tab, how awful.

======================================
SOLUTION HERE!

1. Type in the address bar:
    chrome://flags/#enable-quic
  2. Disable Experimental QUIC protocol
  3. Restart chrome and try to login again
    Thank you @lewis3 and @vladeto83 for this fix!
4 Likes

Thank you for this, kind sir! :raised_hands:

1 Like

thank you! you’re a star.

1 Like