Bug with GPTs publish status

Here, I have shared three different screenshots. Two of them indicate that my GPT is published and available for everyone, while one of them states that it is only available for users who have the link. Which one is accurate? (I believe the public availability for everyone is true). Unfortunately, I cannot verify it because the GPT store is not accessible to anyone I know, even though it has already been launched.
Another issue is that I can no longer choose to publish my GPTs to everyone.
My GPT url is = ChatGPT - PromptRex

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing the same issue for the last two hours. Have had friends verify that the public published GPT is not available to them (they get a 500 error). My previously published GPTs (from over a week ago) are available via the link (to share) and work, but they say something like “anonymous builder” or “community builder” despite my having verified my builder account weeks ago.

Some new custom GPTs that I created today (using a new account) show my name (from billing details) and they appear to be accessible but either produce the 500 error or a message saying the GPT is not available.

Link to GPT: ChatGPT - AI Support Our Elders!

What I see when I visit that link in an incognito browser.

What I see when I visit that link while logged in:

3 Likes

Also @tolga it seems like I am able to visit your link and use your custom GPT. You can test whether it is public by searching for it by name in the GPT store search function.

3 Likes

@jacks1 The issue is that I do not have access to the GPT store. I am still seeing the old explore page, so I cannot search for it.

1 Like

I got access to the gpt store today, but the search function doesn’t seem to work right

As you can see in the three images i captured scrolling the search results for D&D. Of mine, only 3 actually reference D&D specifically in the instructions. 2 Have nothing to do with ttrpgs at all, yet show up in the search results for some reason at the top and bottom of mine in the list. Followed by Grimoire which is coding assistant gpt with a wizardly theme to it, and then the rest of that. Idk maybe theres connections i’m not seeing but i don’t think the search is fully working right yet.

TLDR: same or similar issues getting some gpts to publish to public or with a link.
And search doesn’t seem to work correctly in the store yet.

2 Likes

I have been experiencing this exact same issue since the store opened.

Can anyone find “Triton Tech Guru” in the store? I have no way to tell if it is actually published.

Update: I’ve confirmed that one of my other GPTs having that issue were indeed findable in the store.

1 Like

Yes it is there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, that is much appreciated! It seems as though the “error” may just be aesthetic, on the front end perhaps.

same issue?

I can’t publish my GPT to the store either. I’ve contacted support and I’m still waiting on a reply.

same problem here, is this a general bug or something like that? was so glad to start creating GPTs and now that

I’ve been having the same issues for some time and even created a topic on that.
I solve the issues changing the publish type on Share button and Save. Then, you must not Update the GPT straight away. Go back to chatGPT and only update it when you go back to editing it.