"Your card has been declined"

I am unable to add my prepaid Italian Mastercard as the default payment method. When I try, I receive the message “Your card has been declined.”

The odd thing is that I have successfully purchased credits with this same type of prepaid card in the past. For some reason, it is now being declined even though it worked previously with no issues.

Can anyone please help me resolve this problem?

Hi and welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately we are not equipped to help you with this directly and your best bet is to reach out directly to OpenAI support via the Chat widget on the developer platform or, alternatively, try a different credit/debit card if you have the option.

Besides that there’s a few more tips here you could look at and try.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Hi, I ust want to add that I have the very same issue.

I have the same issue suddenly since they changed to Pre-Purchasing Credits. My Visa-Card is no longer being accepted.

1 Like

Same here… And it seems like there isn’t any solution…

1 Like

Me too. I have a positive balance of $30 but my access was blocked over a failing $0.76 charge. My bank said they didn’t receive any payment attempts.

All my AI projects are down and no way to reach support. This is a lesson to not trust OpenAI.

1 Like

i have the same problem。。。。still don’t know why my card declined。。。

1 Like

having the same problem as well.
first the card was declined, then it’s “You’re making too many requests, please slow down.”

tried for 3 different cards and still didn’t work. please help

1 Like

Same here. Tried help.openai.com, but only got useless reponses from bot