'You tried signing in as'

Tried everything mentioned in the thread. Still ending up with the same problem

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem like.you.

Even i had created a sec account with another google account, it only worked for 2 or 3 times and then i started seeing the same error message.

I have solved it. *An AI company, the login interface is so not smart

2 Likes

I have the same problem:

You tried signing in as [my email address] using a password, which is not the authentication method you used during sign up. Try again using the authentication method you used during sign up. (error=identity_provider_mismatch)

3 Likes

@logankilpatrick Many users are facing this issue. Tagging you here to bring this to your attention. Please provide a solution so that users can resume OpenAI’s services

3 Likes

@logankilpatrick This issue is critical to some users. I’d like to get your attention to resolve this issue. Could you provide any solution for this authentication issue?

2 Likes

i can log in on my cell but on my laptop i am getting:
Oops!
You tried signing in with a different authentication method than the one you used during signup. Please try again using your original authentication method.

I paid for this.

@crit

1 Like

Guys, just go CONTINUE WITH GOOGLE, and the problem is solved.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue. The google auth I used to sign in no longer exists, because my company merged with another. No auth means I can’t login, I can’t even cancel my subscription, I can’t send myself an email or text to rest password.

I’m being charged, I can’t use the service, and I can’t cancel the service. Nothing from support. This is definitely grounds for taking the company to small claims court, which I’ll be doing shortly if they don’t resolve the issue.

1 Like

Experiencing the same. Open AI has incorrectly implemented the Google Authentication.

I guess AI wont be taking over anytime soon…

1 Like

I will happily join you. I also am being charged and cannot cancel my account.

1 Like

Heck, I just want to change my mind and use a different gmail account. Why the f can’t I? Every other site allows me to change the authentication method. And use both google and password to log in interchangeably. wtf

Hi Vinc!
I was trying to log in with google account directly on de field “email address” and password: it not worked.
Worked with botton: “Continue whith Google

Best Regards

Luis

In my case, in the “log in” menu, I put the email, then I selected the option “I Forgot Password”. You should receive an email to change the password. Reset the password and login again. That solution works for me.
Regards!

I had the same issue for several months.

What worked for me was to login by clicking on ‘Continue with Microsoft Account’ (for others it might be ‘Continue with Google’). If this doesn’t work for you, you could try logging in via a different browser, different device, clear your cache, or change password.

Good luck!

1 Like

SOLVED !!! do not use the password , click on “continue with google” on the login page . u r gonna be directed to the account

1 Like

continue with google has stopped working. this is really taking the piss!
I think they are doing this deliberately to force people to use paid service

Any suggestions?

Wiiiii tienes mucha razón, hice lo que dijiste y ya pude ingresar … :smiley: … muchas gracias …

I was blocked with the same problem when I choose “Continue to Google” and I input my gmail and password then successfully log in. This two log in method may be actually different, So just have a try to switch another that you may use before.

Has anyone figured out how to Log In after getting this Error? I reset my Password but still can’t get past the message ‘You tried signing in as (…), which is not the authentication method you used during sign up. Try again using the authentication method you used during sign up.’ message.

Thanks,