I can't login platform.openai.com We ran into an issue while authenticating you

I can login chat openai com and community openai com.
But i can’t login platform openai com

It always show “We ran into an issue while authenticating you. If this issue persists, please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.”

I’ve already try the solution of this.
" Try to login to chat openai com first.
And then call the platfor openai com "

It doesn’t work.

I don’t how to solve this problem. Please help me.

1 Like

I can login chat openai com and community openai com.
But i can’t login platform openai com

It always show “We ran into an issue while authenticating you. If this issue persists, please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com .”

I’ve already try the solution of this.
" Try to login to chat openai com first.
And then call the platfor openai com "

It doesn’t work.

I don’t how to solve this problem. Please help me.

Welcome to the forum!

Can I ask your country and do you use a VPN/Proxy, or a school/company network? and is this for accessing platform.openai.com or ChatGPT? as the two are not the same thing.

Ok, 2 things to try.

1. If you are currently using Chrome, Edge, Brave, Opera, Safari try Firefox, if you are on firefox try Chrome
  2. If you have any Antivirus enabled, please turn it off and also if you have any “safe/secure browsing” options, please disable them.
2 Likes

Ok, one last thing to try is to use a mobile device on mobile data, this should isolate any potential issue with your current device.

If this works, great, if not, you will have to visit the Help Centre, in the bottom right corner is a message icon. image click the icon and enter your issue, the bot will take your details and a member of the account support team will get back to you.

1 Like

Great to hear, glad everything is working for you now.

I use a VPN and meet the same problem.
Could you tell me what to do ? Thanks a lot

Hi and welcome to the developer forum!

The use of a VPN is not advised, it will cause issues with connectivity, payment processing and account verification.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
But I am in China and I have to use a VPN to use this chatGpt.
Do you have any ways to get me using VPN to login platform openai com?

Unfortunately, China is not a supported country. (Supported countries) The US has technology export restrictions in place that OpenAI must follow.

1 Like

Or…

Don’t use ChatGPT?

It’s not legal for OpenAI to provide the service to you. Even if you end up getting it to work, you’ll quickly be found out and have your account banned.

OK…
Thx a lot Fixabilo , I guess I’ll just have to give up the idea.

1 Like

Ok…Thanks, I will find aother softwares replacement.

1 Like

Same problem currently. Authority is OK in this community and ChatGPT, only platform failed.

I have the same problem,Have you solved your problem?

I have same issue. Any hints on what could be the issue? Tried different browser, another computer, even mobile phone. I can still login here. I have submitted the request, but I am afraid they might be very busy at the moment.

I have the same problem,Have you solved your problem?

I’ve fixed the issue for me…

The problem was

QuotaExceededError: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of https://api.openai.com/v1::openid profile email offline_access' exceeded the quota.

The solution was to clear the local session storage for the website

Openai, it would be great to not have the chat history stored in the user local session for this and many other reasons. It is very confusing.