Wiriting Better Prompt to update tone and style of a given text

Is there a better way to update tone and style of a given text?
We are given an input sentence(or sentences), & we want to update their tone and style. This is kind of rewriting that text in a different tone or style.
We are currently writing a prompt like: “Make the following text more exiting: ”.

There is another issue with writing prompt like this, if the is another question or a statement, openai would rather take that as instruction rather than input text. For example, if we have a = “How to write better email to improve your callbacks?” and the instruction is to make it more exciting, openai would write an exciting email with as topic rather than just rewrite said

edit mode. works on code too.

Yes, I did try that. Two problems:
Edit mode performance seems to be worse than complete mode in general
Edit mode has 20 requests per minute limit, which would be a blocker

Yeah I hear ya. Completion mode is very advanced and can reference text above and present it differently. so getting it to the interface to be something to change might be enough for some applications.

Hopefully these are small token requests you need at more than 20 per minute or it may become relatively expensive over time.

I am anticipating that it doesnt work in your GUI or display configuration or however you need it presented but I’m just sharing what I know about how it thinks. I don’t know much about making a lot of requests or needing the information in a specific presentation. But maybe this might help you continue down the right direction.

Yes, this is possible.
You need to be creative with engineering a prompt to liven up your content.
Here is an example I just created to illustrate one method.
The following prompt generates more interesting versions of:
"“I went for a walk this morning to the park, but unfortunately it was raining and windy so I decided to return home and make a cup of tea”
&
“I was very nervous when I took my latest book to my book club”
(the rewrite for this one is quite funny IMHO :slight_smile: )
Davinci 2
Temp 1
Top P 1
Prompt begins here:

Here’s a secret:

Your readers can feel you.

When you smile, they will laugh.

Write something that makes you tear up, and their eyes will sting.

The bad news? When you get tired and bored with your story your readers will too. They will use your book as a pillow. They will drool all over the cover. And when they wake up, they probably won’t pick up your book again.

How can we fix this? What should a writer do when they “just don’t feel it anymore?”

The solution is - RE-WRITE your content without changing the meaning to make it more interesting and exciting!

Here is an example of how to creatively transform your content in the style of Steven King to be super interesting and wildly exciting without changing the meaning:

Boring version: “I went for a walk this morning to the park, but unfortunately it was raining and windy so I decided to return home and make a cup of tea”

Re-written to be super interesting and wildly exciting in the style of Steven King: I plugged my nose and stepped out the door into the GOD AWFUL stench that was the morning air. The devoted dog walkers were sloshing through damn near a foot of putrid water that had pooled on the sidewalks overnight. I watched their soaked pooches as they floated by like drowned rats held up by equally soaked leashes. I had a destination, a park bench overlooking a still pond as the rain slapped the top of the water making tiny waves ripple out from the center. I waded through the knee-high water thinking is this really worth it? Hell yes, I thought, when I caught a glimpse of that bench from the corner of my eye. I used my sleeve to wipe the water from my glasses and rushed towards the bench. The seat was soaked, but I didn’t care - I sat. The view in front of me was mesmerizing as the rain melted away the smog that usually stained the horizon making everything seem so much clearer. I thought about how everything is always better after a good rain.

Boring version: I was very nervous when I took my latest book to my book club

Re-written to be super interesting and wildly exciting in the style of Steven King: When I took my latest book to my book club I was scared shitless. I had attended this book club for months, but always as an observer. I read the book, showed up, and enjoyed the discussion. But today was different - I created the damn book. What if these people hated it? What if they made me cry? I was nervous as hell, but I had to face my fears. I walked into the room and joined the discussion.

1 Like