When I log in to ChatGPT, I am prompted for a login failure and a message "something went wrong. please make sure your device's date and time are set properly"

The exact prompt information is

Something went wrong. Please make sure your device’s date and time areset properly. Check that your internet connection is stable, then restart the app and try again.
(code: 86613C65-0FCB-4844-8191-D620685D6037, API.DeviceCheckError,2)

I encounter an issue only when trying to log in to the ChatGPT app on iOS; everything works fine when logging in through the website. Is there a solution to this problem? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

5 Likes

I had the same issue. Restarting my device fixed it.

I have tried the ChatGPT website and the Android app, both of which work fine, but the iOS app is not functioning properly

I have previously restarted my device, but it seems like it still isn’t working properly. I’m not sure what the issue is. Thanks for your response, I’ll try restarting again and see if that helps.

I have this issue. I’ve updated my phone, reinstalled the app, cleared my google login info from safari, rebooted the phone, etc. The error will not go away. I can access chatGPT from safari or chrome ios browsers with no issue, It’s just the openai app that will never log in. It was working for me for a few weeks until the last month or so.

1 Like

Exactly the same problem here. Has been happening for weeks and nothing I do will resolve this. Restarting, removing, reinstalling etc

Me too,I’ve updated my iphone,reinstalled the chatgtp app,reboot my phone,It does not work.

I’m running into the same problem. Also tried re-log, re-install, and reboot. Doesn’t fix it.

Something went wrong. Please make sure your device’s date and time are set properly. Check that your internet connection is stable, then
restart the app and try again.
(code:cb69e287-c45d-4658-9b89-274f8c5d83c8,
service 400 82baf68cf93167d3-SJC)。同样的问题刷新了,重启了还是解决不了。

Same problem here. A couple of days ago (probably on the 21st of November) ChatGPT was down (https://status.openai.com/), but first I tried to solve the issue by logging out from my iOS app. (I use my Microsoft Account for signing in).
I cannot log in ever since.
Reinstalling, phone restart don’t work. Hope this issue will be solved soon.

1 Like

Same problem here I am not sure what it started but I am not able to use it now.

1 Like

+1 Get this message on iOS 17 when trying to sign in.

I had the same problem. The issue was resolved for me by logging in through my Apple account instead of using email.

Hey,
I found a solution:

1. Turn off iCloud Private Relay.
  2. Deactivate any VPN service.
  3. Disable any DNS (I turned off Adguard DNS in my case).
1 Like

Facing the same issue and nothing works yet.

The same in my iPhone. Nothing helped(((. What I should do?

I’ve been having the same issue for almost a month on an iPad Pro running iPadOS 17. I’ve restarted, re-installed, checked that there’s no VPN or Apple privacy settings turned on, and tried different networks. My other iOS devices run the app fine. I keep getting an API.DeviceCheckError.

Same error, have worked in the past.

Its been over a month now and still no resolution in sight.

1 Like

Same issue…it’s been 1 month+ now

1 Like