What does "Global View" feature do in "GPT Store"?

I’ve noticed that when “Global View” in the GPT Store is set to “Off,” it hides many GPTs from the category lists. Initially, I thought it filtered GPTs by language, but then I realized it also filters out GPTs that have names and descriptions in the user’s language, which disproved my hypothesis.

I’m wondering, what does this feature do, and what is its purpose? If someone has knowledge about it, could you please share your insights or hypotheses and make it more clear what this feature does? It would be greatly appreciated if someone from the OpenAI staff could provide information about this feature and its intended use.

CC: @eric43
I saw in another thread [The GPT store is live today!] that you are also interested in what this feature does, so I tagged you to follow this topic.

5 Likes

I totally agree. This thread is the first thing that came up when I googled what the “Global View” is. Come on OpenAI. This should be in the documentation.

1 Like

It shows or hides all of the GPTs

1 Like

That appears to be the side effect of the actual feature, which is to display GPTs from all regions, irrespective of your current language.

This became more clear if you toggle this option on/off on the Writing tab. Once the feature is on, you’ll see additional GPTs in Chinese languages as well.

1 Like

That appears to be the side effect of the actual feature, which is to display GPTs from all regions, irrespective of your current language.

@utmishra, am I understanding correctly that you think this is a bug?