[Solved] How to verify domain on Profile

I copied this from another post who used gpt; as everyone does now :wink: I did this and it works. However my domain does not point to the gpt yet? Not sure why, it has been 24 hours and it may take 48 hours for the DNS to point to the GPT, so I am just waiting for now. But below will get your domain verified - good luck…

1. Create an OpenAI Account: If you haven’t done so already, sign up for an account with OpenAI. This will give you access to the necessary tools and resources.
  2. Access Builder Dashboard: Once you have an OpenAI account, log in and navigate to the ‘Builder’ dashboard. This is where you can manage your GPT applications.
  3. Create a New Project: Start a new project for your GPT application. You’ll be prompted to enter basic information about your project, like its name and description.
  4. Configure Domain Settings:
    • To publish your GPTs publicly, you’ll need to have a domain name. If you don’t have one, purchase a domain from a registrar like GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc.
    • Once you have your domain, you need to verify ownership with OpenAI. This is where the TXT file comes in.
  5. Verify Domain Ownership:
    • OpenAI will provide you with a TXT record. This is a type of DNS (Domain Name System) record used to prove domain ownership.
    • Log in to your domain registrar’s control panel and navigate to the DNS settings section.
    • Add a new TXT record, pasting the value provided by OpenAI. The exact steps for this may vary depending on your domain registrar, but generally, you’ll need to specify the TXT record type, enter ‘@’ in the host field (or your domain), and paste the value from OpenAI in the value field.
    • Save your changes. It may take some time (up to 48 hours, usually less) for DNS changes to propagate.
  6. Wait for Verification: After adding the TXT record, return to the OpenAI Builder dashboard and confirm that you’ve added the record. OpenAI will then verify your domain, which may take a short while.
  7. Publish Your GPTs:
    • Once your domain is verified, you can proceed to publish your GPT applications.
    • Use the Builder tools to configure and customize your GPT model as per your requirements.
    • After setting it up, you can publish your GPT application. It will now be accessible publicly through your domain.
  8. Monitor and Update: Keep an eye on your GPT application for usage, performance, and feedback. Regularly update and maintain your application to ensure it functions smoothly.
10 Likes