Received an invite but can't log in

Hey there,

I received an invite but I’m getting this message pop up and doesn’t let me log in:
“Something went wrong. Your account must be associated with an organization to continue, please contact support@openai.com.”

I can mention that in my user settings nothing shows up.

Any tips on how I might resolve this?
In the API dashboard there is nowhere where I can choose an organisation.

Thanks!

Hi cristianprandea,

This is a common issue. Try checking out this FAQ article.

1 Like

It seemingly is but none of those solutions worked for me unfortunately.

I wrote an e-mail to support but they haven’t gotten back to me.

A friend sent me an invite for using the OpenAI API before I got an invited to using DALL-E hoping that I could use it but it was for the other models, and after that he removed me from his organisation, afterwards which I received an invite from OpenAI to use DALL-E and wasn’t able to log in to my invitation because I was getting an error of “You have to be part of an organisation”.

If it is possible I would like to have my own organisation on my own account.

I want to change my account to my own organisation but it doesn’t allow me.

I’ve since joined on his organization again and it works but if I try to leave to create my own I get locked out of my account.

Hmm, usually these problems are resolved by using Google Chrome, or by signing up at labs.openai.com/auth/signup and creating a new account using the same email.

Support is probably your best bet to address this issue. They should email you back soon.

1 Like

I tried to make an account using the same email but I can’t since I already used my google account which is tied to that particular email address.

Anyway I’m gonna wait for support to see if they can figure something out.
Thanks for replying :pray:

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem, did you find the solution?

Write to support and they’ll get back to you, might take a couple of days, but they’ll get you sorted.
In my case they sent me an invite to a “personal” organization.

:v:

1 Like

Thank you for your answer! I will contact support again, good to know that there is an easy fix. :slight_smile:

Hi @cristianprandea, @josephfrusetta
Did you write to support@openai.com or another e-mail and do you need to use a specific subject in the e-mail for automatic filtering?
I have tried to get in contact in middle of August, and again last week, referring to your case, but I still haven’t got any replies, so I was wondering if I should do something differently.

Hey yeah,
The standard email address support@openai.com and the subject was “DALL-E Credit Purchase Request” , without the quotation marks.

And here is exactly what I said:

Hello,

I’ve already sent two mails to your support so this is a clearer explanation of the situation.

A colleague sent me an invite for using the OpenAI API before I got an invited to using DALL-E and after that he removed me from his organisation, afterwards which I received an invite from OpenAI to use DALL-E and wasn’t able to log in to my invitation because I was getting an error of “You have to be part of an organisation”.

If it is possible I would like to have my own organisation on my own account.

I want to change my account to my own organisation but it doesn’t allow me.

If I leave the organisation I’m in I get an error when I try to log back into DALL-E.

Hope this helps,
You can also try to join the waitlist again with a different email if it’s taking too long, since ur not able to use the first one.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you for your answer again @cristianprandea :slight_smile: !
I got added to an organization, and now it’s resolved.