Prompts don't work at all anymore after activating plugins feature

I have ChatGPT Plus since it was available and using v4 ever since.

But since activating a plugin for searching through PDFs last week, in 9 of 10 times ChatGPT doesn’t respond to my prompts anymore when initiating a new chat. After hitting enter, the prompt just vanishes and nothing happens, no textcursor indicator, nothing.

I have to reload the website several times to successfully initiate a new chat. When the chat is initiated, however, ChatGPT behaves normally.

Of course, I deactivated the PDF plugin and even deactivated the Plugins feature altogether, but now the problem is stuck with my account. I can’t initiate a new chat in 9 of 10 times. It happens across all devices and all browsers. So it isn’t a cookie issue (but I still deleted cookies and cache on many devices, just to be sure)

Just the ChatGPT app on my phone is working normally.

TL;DR my problem:

1. Go to ChatGPT website
  2. Enter prompt and hit send
  3. Nothing happens
  4. Reload website and retry 8 to 10 times, until it finally initiates a new chat

Does anyone have a solution for this?

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the Developer Forum!

If you disable the plugin does it go back to working? If so I would contact the plugin creator to enquire about the issue.

1 Like

I have same issue with my ChatGPT. It totally stop working on my Firefox and currently showing me blank page. The Chrome wouldn’t respond but keeps giving me “your systems have detected unusual activity from your system. Please try again later”.

After some more tinkering, I think (and hope) that I found the culprit: It was the adblocker uBlock Origin, which I have installed across all devices. After making an exception for the OpenAI website, ChatGPT works again without issues.

That’s weird, because it didn’t make any problems until now.

I hope, that this is the solution.

1 Like