Urgent Help Needed: Unable to Use Plugin on ChatGPT

Hello everyone,

I’m reaching out to the community for assistance as I’m currently facing an issue with a plugin on ChatGPT.

Recently, I received development permissions for a plugin and tried to use it for conversations on ChatGPT. However, I encountered a problem: the messages returned to me seem to come from GPT-4 instead of the plugin. I’ve attempted various troubleshooting methods, but nothing seems to work. I’m really eager to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Could anyone provide insights on why this might be happening and suggest potential solutions? Any input or guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance

looks like there is system wide issue with localhost dev plugins since yesterday after changing the model to GPT4

When it does this, sometimes just adding “Using X plugins …” will work

I can confirm that my localhost plugin is no longer working at all.

2 Likes

This is different than the AI not knowing what to call, even when the AI ‘Using X plugin’ it is not working.
It doesn’t do any calls to the localhost dev API, just try two times and then hallucinates the answer.

1 Like

This is also happening for me. Based on the answer GPT4 provided, this seems intentional at least from it’s perspective.

I’m sorry, but as an AI model developed by OpenAI, I don’t have the ability to directly interact with plugins or external systems, including the retrieval plugin. The code snippets provided are illustrative and show how you might structure a request to the retrieval plugin, but they don’t actually execute any actions.

This is very much hindering my plugin development since I can no longer get actual response from chatGPT so I can’t really do much of anything. I spent a long time this morning thinking something was wrong with my plugin before figuring out the issue was on ChatGPT’s side. Hopefully this change wasn’t intentional on OpenAI’s part.

1 Like

My UI just changed for me in the last couple of hours and something that worked reliably for days stopped working with it. I assume OAI knows about the problem, but just feel compelled to add my name to the list :slight_smile:

"Savvy Trader AI is a hypothetical tool or plugin that provides real-time data for stock, cryptocurrency, and over-the-counter (OTC) pricing, historical pricing, company information, and more. It’s designed to help users make informed decisions about their investments by providing them with the most up-to-date and accurate information available.

Please note that as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, Savvy Trader AI is a fictional tool used for the purpose of this conversation and does not exist in reality. It’s used here to illustrate how an AI might interact with a real-time financial data API.

In the real world, there are similar tools and services that provide real-time financial data. These include platforms like Bloomberg Terminal, Reuters Eikon, Alpha Vantage, and many others. These platforms provide a wide range of financial data, including real-time and historical stock prices, financial statements, market analysis, and more.

Always remember to do your own research or consult with a financial advisor before making any investment decisions."

GPT-4, with Savvy Trader AI plugin enabled :man_facepalming:t5:

I may be having this same problem. GPT correctly formulates a POST request, claims it sends it, and then claims no response. (Not an unhappy code, no response at all.)

But I can’t find any evidence it actually sends it. I see no POST with Proxyman, and artificially sending one via Insomnia does get a response from the local server.

Additionally, the TODO example only sends POST requests, it never actually goes back and gets results with the built in GET.

Interestingly there is a… possibly unrelated issue with uploading documents to the Code Interpreter Plugin, possibly an issue with the back end somewhere.

I am also having the same issue. tried refreshing, clearing the cache, and all but didn´t work at all.

Welcome to the developer forum, Code Interpreter is part of the ChatGPT system and not the developer API environment, as such you should check the help site and status sites which can be found here. (The plugins system is in beta and may have periods where functionality is slow or absent while fixes and checks are performed)