Previous conversations temporarily unavailable

Hi folks, today I connected to ChatGPT and I got the message that Due to high demand on our systems, previous conversations are temporarily unavailable, meaning I cannot see my previous chats with the machine. Have you experienced this issue? Would I be able to re-access or recover my conversations at some point? Please, let me know.

23 Likes

yeah, same here. since this morning.

2 Likes

It would be nice if OpenAI makes a statement on this particular issue, since I assume a lot of people is very worried right now about their unsaved work so far. Considering the worst case scenario it would be nice if at least we get a window of time in the next few days to save all work before any major changes or monetization of the service occurs, that would be fair for everyone.

8 Likes

I am also having the same problem
Due to high demand on our systems, previous conversations are temporarily unavailable

Same here. Pretty annoying. I know that this is a time of change for OpenAI, but like… shit, let us access our stuff? Even just add a quick and dirty paid tier to be exempt from/prioritized over non-paid so we don’t experience interruptions. I don’t care if it changes in a month, I just don’t want downtime.

2 Likes

Yes this is super inconvenient as OpenAI didn’t give us any warning. At least give people a warning so they can save their stuff. Come on OpenAI, please let us access our previous convos for a time being.

2 Likes

Same issue since yesterday. I already have asked ChatGPT :joy:

For serious: Also worried about unsaved work…

Hey, do you think we might get our work back? I know i should have saved it.

1 Like

Hopefully they make an statement about this issue very soon, stay tuned. In any case, let’s hope and pray for having it fixed and back to “normal”, or back to better, but back! :wink:

1 Like

Yes it did it for me. Luckily I copied and pasted 3 of them but I have a few that I can’t get to. I would pay to get them back, but maybe this is the ultimate goal? Also curse all the people that keep telling people about it so that we run into this problem :rofl:

2 Likes

oh god, the message has disappeared, its not just nothing in my previous conversations, this cant be gone forever, i had so many damn chats, i never took the time of day to generate links for anything even since they added this feature, good god

2 Likes

This is beyond upsetting! It’s deeply disheartening to experience technical difficulties that result in the loss of data. In this case, the widespread usage of DALL-E should have prompted OpenAI to anticipate and prepare for the high traffic that Chat-Gpt would receive. The sudden loss of past conversations, along with the uncertainty of whether or not I will have access to them again, feels like going on a few great dates with someone, only to be ghosted. It’s a frustrating and disappointing experience overall.

3 Likes

I hope it gets resolved soon. I had some really cool concepts for Dungeons and Dragons Chatgpt that helped me make and I’d hate to lose them. In a future update, they should really consider implementing a way to download a chatlog in full.

4 Likes

they should make like a custom file type and a parser like .convo or smth and have a way to load those files on chatgpt and save them and stuff

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one. Hopefully, they’ll come back soon.

2 Likes

I’m very shocked that the one year of work that I completed in one week, would only take me one week to do it again. Now maybe better in fact. But still sad to see go certain valuable conversations in which spent several hours.

1 Like

I think this is a little deeper than just not available at the moment, as i started getting this yesterday too.
I created a new chat yesterday, which this morning is still showing in my list of chats.
This makes me also fear that something has happened and the old chats are gone.
Otherwise how can yesterdays new chat be available and nothing beyond that?
Just my thoughts.

1 Like

It does not make users feel like they could trust the service when they do roll it out as a paid service if their unsaved work suddenly all disappears. It will have made many people think twice now about using the service to create text, brainstorm, etc.

5 Likes

Absolutely agree Antoni. But, they are going to rake in billions for the service as soon as they do monetize it so, do they care about a few thousand users who lost a bunch of unsaved bits of text? Probably not.

1 Like

Greetings to all. ) Yes indeed. I would like to hear an official response from the developers. What will happen next?