Missing conversation threads

(New user here, so apologies if I ask any dumb questions)

I’m having an issue where entire conversation threads suddenly disappear. I am currently using the DeepGame GPT for my conversations.

I’ll often create branches so I can write multiple stories in the same chat. Sometimes it allows me to make 3 branches, but other times I can make a maximum of 2 before something disappears.

Similar posts have mentioned chat history disappearing in the sidebar, but that’s not what I’m experiencing. So far I’ve tried:

• Reloading the page
  • Logging out and then logging in again
  • Clearing cache
  • Opening chatgpt in a different browser

So far nothing’s worked. If anyone knows why this might be happening, or if the conversations can be restored, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

One thing I have noticed is significant departure from expected behavior if images are attached, such as not being able to revisit an input for editing.

Code interpreter sessions also do not have the same UI features for inspection of AI generation or return upon conversation recall, and the notebook state is only persistent for a short time.

Another UI quirk is being unable to copy to clipboard from your own input.

I have not experienced missing branches of conversation, though, having often used editing to revisit a prior input and answering context, or regeneration to compare model outputs. Over <5/5> and you get strange branching behavior, which I have since avoided invoking.

I too am missing the last pieces of the conversation displayed in the browser on multiple machines, multiple sessions; when asked, it can recall. It is a very long thread, granted.