Payment got declined for two credit cards

Hi all,
My payment to openai was declined with two credit cards. I called Chase and they say my account is all normal; they suspected openai payment system went wrong.

So anyone else is experiencing the same thing?

Thanks!

BTW, my chase card was charged successfully 5 times already. And it’s declined now.

Welcome to the developer forum!,

For account related issues please use OpenAI Help Centre in the bottom right corner is a message icon. image click the icon and enter your issue, the bot will take your details and a member of the account support team will get back to you, it may take several weeks due to the number of people currently using the system.

1 Like

Some countries are restricted by OpenAI. Could you share where you live?

I live in Taiwan and I used the Chase bank credit card which is issued in the US. The key is, I was able to make 5 payments before using this card.

FYI – I was able to use the same credit card (Chase) on my friend’s OpenAI account and successfully recharged some balance. But the card still failed for my account.

Apparently my account has something wrong and it does not allow me to recharge.

What could be the reason?

1 Like

Update:
Now things got normal. I believe it’s openAI’s problem to not accept my credit card. It became normal after a few days. I don’t know what happened though.

If you consider that the solution can you mark the post as the solution.