My end of week date got moved

I don’t know where else to go, I have a project I MUST finish by Monday. OpenAI publicly acknowledged an incident involving unexpected Codex usage-limit resets. My question is specifically about the reset schedule shown on my account afterward.

My last normal weekly reset was on September 6, 2026, so the expected seven-day refresh was September 13, 2026.

Before or during the incident, my account showed the next reset as:

September 13, 2026 at 8:50:12 PM EDT

After the incident, the account showed the next reset as:

September 14, 2026 at 9:23:36 PM EDT

The date therefore moved approximately one day later, and the displayed time also changed. The change occurred during or shortly after the period covered by OpenAI’s status notices about conversation errors and unexpected usage-limit resets.

I am not asking whether the incident occurred. OpenAI publicly acknowledged it. I am asking:

  1. Why did the weekly reset date move from September 13 to September 14?
  2. Was the reset schedule re-anchored for affected accounts during the incident?
  3. Is the September 14 date expected to remain, or will the original September 13 schedule be restored?
  4. Has OpenAI published any explanation for this date change?

I have screenshots showing the September 13 date, the later September 14 date, and the relevant OpenAI status notices. Has anyone else seen their displayed weekly Codex reset date move by approximately one day after this incident?

Its good to have 2 accounts or spare resets just in case things like these happen.

Hey there @seanmckenna, sorry for the wait. A global reset starts a fresh weekly usage window from your next Codex use. We issued one on September 7, so the September 14 date you saw looks consistent with that. In that case, the new date replaces September 13; it doesn’t add another reset on the old schedule. More on how resets work.