Banked Codex capacity wiped by reset?

Has anyone else run into this issue?

To clarify, my invitation reset did successfully bank at first, and I managed to use about 30% of the extra capacity. However, shortly after, my standard weekly reset kicked in prematurely and completely wiped out the remaining 70% of that banked pool, even though my weekly reset wasn’t actually due for multiple days.

What makes this worse is that the automated system didn’t just overwrite my banked capacity; it actively forced my regular reset schedule to trigger early. Is this the intended behavior for Codex resets, or is it a known bug? I’d love to know if anyone has found a workaround, and I’d really appreciate a refunded reset token from the devs.

Hi,

It happens to everyone. They do a lot of reset lately. For heavy users it is mostly a good thing as we are heavily using the quota.

But to compensate I think they provided a new reset stackable. At least they did for me.

Thanks for explaining the sequence. A full banked reset refreshes the usage windows and changes your weekly reset date: https://help.openai.com/en/articles/11369540. We haven’t confirmed why another reset appeared early in your account. Please share the redemption and reset times privately with Support so they can check the accounting.