My ChatGPT account was deactivated

I just found out my account was deactivated. I have no idea why, and I am desperately getting back on my work. Can someone tell me what to do?

9 Likes

Hi @wja4rdfn,

this is for DALL E 2 but should apply to your case as well:

If your account access has been deactivated, itā€™s likely due to a violation of our content policy or terms of use.
If you believe this happened in error, please reach out to support@openai.com with the subject line: ā€œDeactivated User Appealā€, and include a justification for why your account should be reactivated.

Good Luck in getting fast back to your work :slight_smile:

Edit: Herā€™s the Link:
Why was my DALLĀ·E 2 account deactivated? | OpenAI Help Center.

1 Like

my account was deactived this afternoon just now,how to resolve itā€¦???

2 Likes

The same for me, I didnā€™t know why it was deactivated, please let me know how to resolve it, thanks.

1 Like

Sorry,My account not active until now.
whatā€™s your location?
may be the location is forbidden by Open AI.

Hey @billsedison and @x1929,

please refer to the following post regarding your issues:

I think this would be the best place to address your issues and receive help :slight_smile:

Hey My account is bugging. chat GPT is saying that ā€œOups something went wrongā€ endlessly and even if I log out and back in, it seems to do the same. also my history chats are not loadingā€¦ what should I do?

2 Likes

Hi Emma,

in this case the best way to get back on track (if this issue persists - OpenAI Status, couple of outages in the last days) would be to contact the support:

Good luck in getting this resolved fast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am having issues with my account as well. How do I contact support? I sent an email to support@openai.com and havenā€™t received any reply for a couple of days now. I am not able to interact with ChatGPT at all. Even if I want to upgrade to plus, it is not letting me do it. If anybody can tell me how to reach support, would be greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

My account was also deactivated, the help center canā€™t resolve the problem, I sent a mail to support@openai.com just now, not sure the reply.

2 Likes

Hi @mengz.you and @psrikanthan,
In this case I can advice to navigate to the URL below and then follow the steps in the screenshot. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Please click on ā€œHelpā€ inbetween step 1 and 2 to get the ā€œSend us a messageā€ to appear. You might have to type in a blank space in the help window sometimes to get the message.

OpenAI Help Center

I canā€™t see the link to send a message. This is what I see.

Regards
Prashanth

Hi @psrikanthan,

oh my bad, you have to click on ā€œHelpā€ first to get the message to appear. I didnā€™t highlight this in my screenshot unfortunatly.

BR Linus

Even then I donā€™t see it. I am not a Plus member yet. I want to subscribe, but seeing payment error when I try to.

2 Likes

Hmm for me it appeared when I put in some text, I added that to my original post.

Sorry if this does not help for you, on my end I get the Message (as you see on the Screenshot ) so I thought for you it should be the same.

Thank you. I sent an email to support@openai.com 2 days ago. Havenā€™t received any response yet. If you find another way to contact them, please let me know.

1 Like

I can see the ā€˜Send us a messageā€™ button, but it only provide me some options, can not resolve the account issue.

2 Likes

Hey folks, https://help.openai.com is the best place to reach out too for support. The queue times might be a couple of days, but they are the right people to help. Thanks for being patient!

2 Likes