Migrating account from Plus to Teams changes "Everyone" to "Anyone at Organization"

I’m sure many of you will be receiving the following email if you haven’t already.

After migrating from Plus to Teams by following the instructions, all of my public GPTs were set to publish for “Anyone at Organization” rather than “Everyone” as they were previously.

Fortunately, I noticed this before any of my users did.

It’s not a major issue, but maybe this note will help avoid a potential headache for someone else.

:palm_tree:

10 Likes

The ability to use already verified domains is lost.

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by.

Hope you’re well!

That’s not good. I don’t like only being able to assign one domain too. I’ve got a half-dozen or so. Hopefully improvements will keep coming.

Do not transfer until the Open.AI team fixes the bugs, your GPTs will no longer be available to everyone after transferring to the team.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 09.39.40

Have you reached out to help.openai.com to let them know?

Did you receive any email communication from them? Did you merge a personal and Teams account?

1 Like

Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair

I’d reach out to them. If it’s happening to a lot of people, they likely know and are working on it, but if you’re in a very small group, I’m sure they’d like to know to be able to fix it.

I’ve been working with OpenAI since around 2019, and when you’re working with bleeding edge technology like this, things break often… but they’re also improving super-quickly, which is good.

1 Like

There is a way to get around this sharing problem.

Here are the steps:

1. Access your workspace profile which now has all the customGPTs.
  2. Click on your profile picture/button on the left bottom (desktop PC orientation).
  3. Click on Manage Workspace (image for reference)

1. Now you will see different sidebars with different tabs.

2. Click on GPTs

1. Now use the filter to find the CustomGPT you wish to share with others.

2. Click on these 3 dots, and click on change who has access.

1. Change access to “Anyone with the link” and tab the save button.

1. Wait for at least 10 seconds before moving to another GPT to change it’s permission.

I successfully shared multiple GPTs using these steps with my team only a few hours ago, as it was working when I was trying to update the permissions from the Editor section.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Shaharyar
Thank you very much, It works!

1 Like

@Datasculptor you’re welcome.

Happy to help!

2 Likes

Thanks @PaulBellow

Been busy building. I’ve been wanting to spend more time around here, there’s lots of hidden gems. Fortunately, what I’ve been working on should increase my ability to participate here, too.

Fun times, amazing tech :grin:

:palm_tree:

2 Likes