Microsoft Startup OpenAI Credit Issue

Hey All,

Microsoft for startup program already approved my account. But OpenAI didn’t credit the free $2500 api credit yet. Already 45 days passed.

I mailed all the support channel and chat with the bot also where I submitted my queries as Bug issue. Now how to get the credit or how I can directly contact with openai about this issue.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi there!

It sounds like you have taken all the right steps to follow up on the matter. There’s no other direct channel to OpenAI to deal with this.

I’d say, give it a bit more additional time for the funds to be added. Seems like a lot of people are requesting the funds at the moment. OpenAI has limited resources which impacts the time it takes to review the individual requests.

I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Same here. Did openAI respond?

We have been waiting to hear back for our credits as well.

But don’t you have to talk to Microsofts AI team (your talk about the responsible AI and stuff) about that and open an azure account and deploy the models there?

You get both: Azure credits including for use in the Azure OpenAI Studio and OpenAI credits to be used directly with your developer account.

2 Likes

You can actually use the Azure credits for anything. Hosting your service calling their models etc. one tip is that you can actually get up to $150,000 in credits from Azure. You need to burn through your $2,500 credits and then you can apply for more. They’ll want to see that you’re using Azure to run most of your service though.

True but different factors being taken into account when determining the additional amount of credits you get at each stage. The $150,000 is really the maximum you can get.

The use of the Azure credits is a key determinant. A prerequisite for moving to the next stage is having used least 50% of the Azure credits from the current level.

1 Like

Yes… that’s the cap and no they’re not going to give it to you all at once

What I mean is that I am pretty certain that besides the hard-wired requirements you must fulfil at each level, there are softer factors taken into account when they determine the additional credits you get at the next level. Team size being one of them.

That’s very possible. I’m a Microsoft Alumni so it’s possible they use different criteria if you’re not.

1 Like

I’m one of the shortlisted candidates for the Microsoft founder’s startup program
Among the benefits I got was the $2500 OpenAI credit, which I have redeemed.
I’m writing to you so that you’ll know I’ve not been credited, and it’s been more than 30 days now since I redeemed credit. I need this for my next project

Please how else can I reach the OpenAI team directly since I’ve emailed them

Don’t you have a contact at microsoft?
I mean you must have had a personal conversation with the AI team, right?

It’s worse on my end , I really really hate openAI, since July , tf, JULYYYYYYYY, this is September, mid September yet nothing, I send scores of emails everyday yet nothing, I hit up their help center chat, get no reply, they’re the most incompetent , stupid set of fools I’ve ever encountered this has cost me a looooot, I had plans with that credit, I put 7 projects and 4 important clients on hold cuz of this thinking I’d get the credits on time, now I’ve had to refund 3 of them, it’s all good, thank you openAI for being very helpful

I hope you’ve been a bit more diplomatic in your communication with them :wink:

While I understand the frustration, bear in mind that you can also use your Azure credits, which can be redeemed instantly, to access OpenAI’s models via the Azure OpenAI studio. This should hopefully enable you to continue your projects until you are granted the OpenAI credits.

Unfortunately, we can’t do much more here in this Forum to help you in this matter. I hope it gets resolved soon.

1 Like