(Main Topic) ChatGPT not loading completely, can't log in; only plain text "Free Research Preview. ChatGPT August 3 Version" [issue Sept 20-26+ from new domain]

I am having the same problem, but only when I access through my work computer or connected to work network (maybe VPN or proxy use related)

1 Like

Same issue here. Also when using my work PC

Having the same issue on work PC, but not on my phone.

Same here, I don’t know, but I pay a subscription so I am expecting this to work.

4 Likes

Same problem here, UK. Been going on for 2 days now. Not particularly please given I’m paying for a product I’m not getting.

2 Likes

Same issue here… Why can I not access chatGPT

Have the same issue! what is the solution? Have tried on two browsers and Incognito mode. No Luck

1 Like

same here please help I searched everywhere but no fix. What happened?

Honestly guys, lets just wait it out, it seems everyone in the world is having this issue! there is nothing on our side I think we can do

1 Like

Same problem, I am plus subscriber, why paying for this s**t! quick fix!

2 Likes

Same issue. Started today on work computer when connected to VPN ( GlobalProtect). When I disconnect from VPN, ChatGPT logs fine. I can then reconnect VPN and it stays working for a while and then after X minutes, it is back to same. BTW, Dall-E is fine and WebChatGPT or ChatGPT for google add-ins are fine.

1 Like

Maybe if anyone from OpenAI is seeing all this, they’ll take a look at what they did?

The problem seems to be that one of the CDN servers/services at a particular domain, that gives out some of the web site code assets (CSS to start with), is giving many people network problems.

(you can see this in a browser’s “developer tools → network” monitor when you reload if affected.)

This is now give everyone else hearts for making useful reports topic. :love_letter:

1 Like

I am also having the same issue. I have been trying all day, reloaded, hard refreshes. Nothing helps. :frowning:

4 Likes

me aparecio tambien en mi laptop pero en mi PC si puedo entrar Free Research Preview. ChatGPT may produce inaccurate information about people, places, or facts

EDIT: I figured it out I think. I checked my DNS logs and my filter was blocking requests to one domain “cdn.oaistatic.com”. After allowing that it works again. It is a brand new domain that was just registered a few days ago so I bet a lot of security filters are blocking it because of that and is considered suspicious.

Original:

Have had the same issue for several hours now. It seems that if I try to go to chat.openai.com in a browser where I was signed in, it just shows the text starting with “Free Research Preview…”

But for browsers I wasn’t signed into, it’s a bunch of text from elements on the page I guess. And clicking the login button does nothing.

4 Likes

That’s not a solution for the bunch of mobile screenshots of ChatGPT displayed without CSS.
These folks are not going to be running browser extensions on their phone, unless they really go out of their way to do so. In fact one report sees an error reply from an edge server on all the cdn domain requests in one person’s browser network log.

More “I need evidence or it can’t be true”…

This is my log of working connections to the domain:

1 Like

Definitely the DNS issue. My home network uses NextDNS, and it blocks all newly registered domains less than 30 days old. I whitelisted the domain mentioned above (I am not allowed to include links in my posts) domain, and it solved the problem.

1 Like

I am also facing same problem. Any solution?

I’ve been facing this issue for the past couple of days now.
For a service thats for $20/month I was expecting far better :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like