Issues exporting chatGPT data

The confirm export button on chat GPT does not do anything. I click it, and nothing happens. And it’s been a day and I haven’t received any email. I’m on mobile, and I’ve tried using Chrome, and firefox. And neither one will let me click the confirm export button. I find it very hard to believe that I’m the only person in the world who is having this problem. But I could not find any information online.

3 Likes

Same problem. Never tried to export before today. Hopefully just a temporary issue, but it’s definitely happening.

I’m using Chrome.

2 Likes

At this point I’m just glad I’m not the only one.

3 Likes

Exactly the same here. Tried export in both Chrome and Safari but no emails received.

2 Likes

Same same same. It’s very frustrating :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

+1 same issue here … has this ever worked for someone?

2 Likes

Sam i am also not receiving data from last two days. please look into this matter.

2 Likes

same issue. I have successfully exported my data twice but tried recently and no luck

1 Like

I used the “Export data” many times and it worked well.
Now it has stopped working.

1 Like

Dear Shingaling. Yes this used to work very well up to about 10 days ago then the service just stopped with no notice. I have tried to alert ChatGPT to this problem but with no success. It’s very frustrating. The only way round this that I have found is to highlight the text on the screen while in ChatGPT then right click and select print. Select print to PDF and select a file to save in. If you need the text in another format such as Word just convert it. Bit of a faff and not as good as the original method, but it does work. Good luck.

1 Like

hello everyone :wave:

Looks like there is another post describing a very similar issue. I just posted there some great tidings describing my experience finding a fix to this. I’m dropping a link here to that post so y’all can check it out since the issues may be related:

https://community.openai.com/t/export-data-from-chatgpt-and-email-issue/213653/21?u=arty

Cheers!
Arty

1 Like

Hi, I don’t know if anyone else is still experiencing this issue but I’ve been having it too. I managed to work around it by using a VPN to download the data export as though I was in the US (I’m based in Europe). I suspect there’s something iffy going on with signature verification/expiration and time-zones…

1 Like

So sorry, this issue is still there.
Wish someone could make it right.

The issue is still there. ChatGPT hangs with message “Exporting in progress…,” and will not close.