Is Sora for videos ready for use? How will you use it?

I can’t wait to use it. Do you have any good ideas to use this new technology? Which projects do you think it matches better with?

53 Likes

Yeah I’m so hyped for it! The example videos are wild.

I think a clear use case is doing video mock ups for professional use.

Or I was even thinking for personal use… for example, I’m in the middle of planning my wedding, I wonder if I could use sora to kind of visualise a walk through of the event?

14 Likes

What can I do to get early access to it? I’ll honestly do anything.

14 Likes

@tjperros ha ha, I know right?! What are you planning to use it for?

5 Likes

I work at Laika as a stop motion animator. As a professional animator, I am blown away by the capabilities that Sora seems to demonstrate. I’m intrigued, but also terrified. For the longest time, stop motion animators have feared that CG animators are coming for our jobs. Instead, it now seems that AI is coming for all of the CG jobs, and that it’ll likely come to conquer all of the stop motion jobs shortly after that. I’m interested in lending my unique perspective to OpenAI however I can. I also want to warn OpenAI that Sora really seems to have the potential to put a huge number of people in film and animation out of work. Perhaps that comes as no surprise.

18 Likes

It will be a great a tool for generating comparsion like videos of Subway Surfers and Temple Run games.

4 Likes

Yes sir, I think it will replace a lot of animator jobs very quickly in the future, so I think your best bet is to master this skill quickly so that later your boss will put your colleagues out of work instead of you. Of course this is a joke, I hope you all can take advantage of it and create more works.

7 Likes

Someone with no skill, creativity or passion can make images that the rest of us have worked our entire careers to learn how to do. Doctor, your words are ignorant but true.

5 Likes

Hi there , awesome , GG OpenAI team🤯
Do we know when it will be available for us and which paid plan do we have to subscribe ? Thx

3 Likes

I’ve started asking myself whether I should use technological leaps like this for my work at the company or take risks and pursue the ideas in my mind and create my own entrepreneurship. AI tech is moving quite fast. We are in times of natural selection in business life. Looking forward to use this such a great tool :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow. I’ve seen the amazing examples and I wish Sora was more readily available. I would love to beta test it… I would have so many things to try!

5 Likes

No way for the public to access it yet, probably in the next couple of months though similar to how Dalle-3 rolled out.

3 Likes

I am imagining some RPG stories and kids’ Bedtime Stories apps. I wonder how long to generate. The question is, will there be a SEED parameter?

4 Likes

I wonder if the cart pushers or horse riders said these exact same words when the first car was teased…

4 Likes

Technology is moving super-fast, man should too.

3 Likes

Hi all…
I understand Sora is not available yet. I am keen to understand if there’s an ETA for when it might become available?

5 Likes

Yes, Mr. AI has lowered the technical threshold. What we should think about is how to use it better instead of rejecting it.

6 Likes

Mr. AI is nothing but a handful of really smart coders making it possible for the wealthy 1% to eventually fire all their staff haha. This is great!!

3 Likes

It will be available for chatgpt 4 users?

5 Likes

Will the ai Sora text [quote=“doctormarys, post:1, topic:628976, full:true”]
I can’t wait to use it. Do you have any good ideas to use this new technology? Which projects do you think it matches better with?
[/quote]

Will it be free?

2 Likes