Intermittent Bug: "Error saving GPT" when Knowledge files are present

I can upload the Knowledge files ok, but when it comes to Updating the GPT, the spinner shows on updating for a while, then I get the “Error saving GPT” message popup.

The errors shown on the debug Console in chrome when this happens are:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 504 ()Understand this error
bi9nzlakut336dzw.js:462 Error: Failed to parse error response
at fn.fetch (bi9nzlakut336dzw.js:525:14605)
at async Object.mutationFn (zxh2mubn0kkzr4sj.js:1:5582)Caused by: SyntaxError: Unexpected token ‘<’, “
<”… is not valid JSON Object
rs. @ bi9nzlakut336dzw.js:462Understand this error
bi9nzlakut336dzw.js:462 FatalServerError: Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.
at R (e7fxk4nr0z9vm1ob.js:35:713)
at async promoteGizmo (e7fxk4nr0z9vm1ob.js:35:1385)
at async onClick (e7fxk4nr0z9vm1ob.js:6:434) undefined

I am seeing this error on Chrome, Edge and Firefox, like 95%+ of the time. I originally had 4x Knowledge files (text) at around 4MB each.

I have since distilled that down to 1x Knowledge file (text) at around 8MB, in an attempt to get at least reduced versions of the Knowledge uploaded. No luck.

All the other Custom GPTs (without Knowledge files) work fine, if I remove the Knowledge files then the updating immediately works.

Is this feature just broken? I found a lot of others online posting about the same issue over the past 8 months or so.

I also tried the reverting to previous revision trick, still no joy.

We are on a paid Team account. I am the only person who has been really using it so far as it’s kinda my role to test this out for our company.

Does it work stably in the Mac desktop app? I may be able to source a mac, purely for the purpose of working around this bug with the web browser interface.