As the Head of Engineering, your scope of responsibility will include hands-on development, leading and mentoring. This is a highly visible role with interaction across all levels of the leadership team and stakeholders.
You will help architect and implement MLOps and front-end infrastructure to facilitate automated document retrieval and parsing, intent and entity recognition, model training, deployment and consumer delivery at scale.
You will ensure best practices for web application development in both JS and Python, and suggest and monitor the appropriate KPIs and A/B testing strategies.
You have experience at distilling results and communicating strategy and outcomes to all stakeholders.
You will keep yourself up to date with the latest research in NLP and ML Engineering, with specific focus on generative AI models, AutoML, data extraction and cleansing.
You can produce high quality code and maintain consistency through unit tests and documentation.
Please note: This is a fully remote company and communicates via Slack, Zoom and other channels.
What you will do
- Design, implement, train and evaluate state of the art NLP models
- Lead the design and development of the ML pipeline to survey documents, extract data, cleanse and produce training documents for fine tuning at scale
- Lead the design and development of front-end channels including SMS/Telephony, PWAs and native apps
- Propose, implement and monitor appropriate evaluation metrics
- Communicate the technical results and strategy to all stakeholders in layman terms
- Own the roadmap for product development
What you will bring
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering with specific focus on NLP/ML
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications at scale in both JS and Python
- Strong knowledge of the state of the art of generative AI
- Strong knowledge of APIs, Dialogflow, Twilio, Google Cloud/AWS/Azure PaaS, IaaS and API Gateway offerings
- Strong knowledge of front-end architecture including PWAs and mobile apps
- Strong understanding of NLP model training and experience qualifying NLP models
- Ability to communicate technical findings in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Competitive Salary (base $150k) + Equity
- Health Benefits
- Local Co-Working Membership Credit
- Gym Membership Credit
- Quarterly meetups around the country