I am to billed even though I used the APIs

I need to access GPT-4 API’s, which the documentation say it’s open to those who are billed for $1. Last month, I consumed a bit over $1 worth of API calls, yet I was not even charged
What should I do now?

Well the good news is that you have been consuming services without being charged for it.
On the other hand you expected a invoice and are waiting for GPT 4 access.
If you did not get billed you may have some free credits due to signing up recently. You should check if you have some amount in your account that has been granted to your for free and that you have a credit card added to your account.
Still, even if you got billed 1$ then this does not mean that you will be immediately granted access. But it will definitely help to get access sooner.

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem and despite the @vb nice answer I still don’t understand. I have used the API with GPT-3 during the month of August for somehing like 15 or 20$ but I have yet to be billed even if is now the 9 of September. I have a registered payment method and I regularly pay for ChatGPT plus. You mention that we may have some credit but I don’t find anything.

That’s sort of frustrating to get access to GPT-4 but also because I don’t understand what’s going on. I expected to be billed at the end of the month.

Hi and welcome to the developer forum!

Hopefully the billing cycle will get round to you and your access can be granted, lots going on with new billing systems and changed being made, please be patient and you should be granted access soon.

1 Like