Recently the new version of my plugin was approved on the store, but the previous one is already present and now we got two instance up and running and my server is getting response from both and causing problem.
So if anyone knows how to remove them please provide any solution.
I hope so also as this problem is common among many plugin developers and AFAIK is not documented in the official documentation.
As far that problem, if it were my plugin I would pass a version number, based on the release of the plugin, with each request to the server and then have the server do its magic to only process one request with a valid reply and the other request with a notification, think reply code or JSON response, such that ChatGPT does not include the result in the completion. Hopefully that makes sense, if not I can try an explain in more detail if you need.
For example, if you have two plugins with the same name but different versions, such as 1.0 and 1.1, you can pass the version number along with the request, such as https://your-server.com/api?version=1.0 or https://your-server.com/api?version=1.1 .
I did a proof of concept plugin about a month ago so know that the request has extra info, IIRC it also contains enough to uniquely identify the user and conversation but can’t remember it if includes specifics of the plugin in the request. Anyway you get the idea. Let us know if/how it goes as other plugin developers might adopt this.
I will try but my Project is on vercel and if i update my server both instances will use it so its very hard to identify which one is traffic coming from ?
I might use some Vercel specific server side variables like VERCEL_URL to identify to see if that works out.
That is why I specifically used the word magic. There is just too many variables to ensure that the request are routed as one would hope, e.g.load balancers, multiple threads without shared memory, configuration, etc., to give an answer that works for all.
Made a bunch of requests to the submission bot (bug reports, resubmission, etc.) and DM’d Logan. I also changed the ai-plugin.json manifest, which should automatically take the plugin off. Eventually, it just went down on its own. Can’t say for sure what worked!
I Think better to contact OpenAI staff directly, otherwise if you change OAS and maybe it will delist your current updated Plugin then you’re in trouble.
I am just finding a way to detect traffic from Updated plugin and stop traffic from outdated one