Plugin got removed from Store

My plugin “AI Showcase” got removed from the store / search.

It was approved and working 2 days ago, no problems. I’ve been tracking the API calls, so I know about how many queries I get a day.

I wake up today to an email saying " Arbby moved your ticket #64349 to Resolved

Hey there,

We’re excited to share that your ChatGPT plugin has been approved. Your plugin will be made available in the store today."

But instead if was removed. I’m not sure what to do.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. I just checked my store and it’s still not there. I think unfortunately there’s not much that you can do besides reaching out to the OpenAI team.

How did you track the API calls that ChatGPT triggered? I’m asking because at Langdock we build monitoring for plugins and I’m curious how other plugin devs solve this at the moment. Would you be up for a quick call to discuss our learnings about plugin development and monitoring?

Did you change your manifest file? That triggers removal.

1 Like

Mine (Tutory) was removed as well without any notice or reason for not complying with guidelines. I did not change the manifest at all and I see today it’s off the store. I hope this is just a glitch.

I track store plugins daily and I see AI Showcase was listed on 06/01 and delisted on 06/03. I don’t have any detected changes to your manifest or to your spec files.

2 Likes

Re-submit it. They don’t communicate this to you, but I had to resubmit it through their chat bot. Did you change any of the output data? This is apparently what got me removed.

@tkem No thank you. Not right now. I already have my own internal monitoring.

@agi Nothing changed on manifest or spec. I just updated my google analytics source. That’s literally it. Nothing else changed.

Still not back on the store either. No idea what’s going on.

What do you mean output data? It only gets automatically removed if you make any changes to the openai-plugin.json file, also known as the manifest file.

That’s really interesting information! That would mean spec changes also get you delisted. Given this, any serious adoption of plugins is unlikely. As is, you have to remain completely static in development, a near impossibility in an emerging field.

@avian

“We apologize for the inconvenience that your plugin was removed from the store. This is normal protocol, as any update or changes to the plugin material will automatically trigger its removal from the store.”.

This is all I got. Nothing else changed. The only thing I did was update my analytics. I just assume it’s the link data changed. Nothing else makes sense.

I don’t understand what you mean by you “updated your google analytics source?”. How would that affect anything anywhere on the plugin?

Your OpenAPI spec must have changed then, and that’s the reason. They don’t delist plugins for no reason at all.

@avian What makes even less sense is they e-mailed me: “We’re excited to share that your ChatGPT plugin has been approved.”. I had to e-mail them, after waiting a day, for them to tell me that it was removed and I had to re-submit it. The non-verified plugin works perfectly fine. Nothing changed. It just spits back URLs.

I’m guessing, mainly. I haven’t heard anything since.

I have to say this is one really glaring hole in the plugin ecosystem. I don’t mind resubmitting app updates for review (tedious, but I can understand), but getting flat-out de-listed is a waste of time on everyone’s end. Like I’m pretty sure the reason my app was removed was due to a typo I made in the logo URL. This just makes for an environment of zero improvements after deployment.

I love the plugin store/concept, but I really think this has to be addressed sooner than later.

Yeah. The lack of feedback and very slow communication really makes it hard to develop anything. It will keep people building simpler plugins until we get this addressed. It’s too risky and you have to guess what went wrong.

This really feels like an early prototype of a plugin store. Typically companies will lock down the early evaluation to a few big names and then release it some months later when its more fully baked. We should give credit to OpenAI for releasing a half-baked system so that devs can jump in early and start developing products. And start giving feedback.

I think what is off-putting is the response we get from OpenAI is that they seem to think this isn’t a problem. That delisting on updates is natural. The sad truth is unless this problem is acknowledged and eventually fixed, adoption will be poor because the process only supports slow, static development.

3 Likes

Agreed. Hopefully, this gets ironed out alongside Bing’s plugin release. From the sounds of it, it will all be a unified system.

Where was your analytics tag, was it within an HTML block or in the core code files, either javascript or python?

They’re in the JSON response from the API. Same as it was before, just changed the source.

Now it makes sense. So you’ve changed each API response permanently. It’s a pattern they can follow. So because all your API responses have been changed together, therefore your app got disabled.

Do you understand?

Sure. I’m again just guessing. This hasn’t been told to me, also wasn’t clear what gets you removed. It’s important to tell people that. An engineer could change something small and get it shut down.

2 Likes